Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
whats better than blazer vanes >

whats better than blazer vanes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats better than blazer vanes

Old 05-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default AAE Max Hunter vanes

Originally Posted by nomorewolves
I like the Max Hunter from Arizona Archery...The adhere to all types of arrows very well. The fly great and handle the wind quit well.
I have to second the Max Hunters. Having been shooting them for a couple months now, I am super impressed with their ability to stabilize arrows very quickly, which tremendously enhances my groups out to 70 yards.
I am seriously considering stepping up to a 5 degree helical, on the theory that an arrow that spins faster also stabilizes faster, enhancing accuracy at longer ranges.
With the height of the max hunters, the surface area gives excellent stabilization and super forgiving shot to shot consistency.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
Feathers are still best and always will be.
I disagree, blazers are as accurate as feathers and are way more durabale. I used to shoot feathers and then I tried blazers
no contest, blazers win.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Spike

VaneTec HPs, Lighter (because they are thinner) than blazers and quieter IMO. oh and cheaper too.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use feathers but I see many people using those Fusions from Norway.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Spike

I started with feathers switched to 4" vanes when I started to fletch my own arrows. Changed to the blazers with a 4" wrap and have never had any issues. Lots of different colors, you can make about any combo you like. Fletch arrows for a few of my hunting buddies who switched to blazers, and they love them.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LonRainJer
VaneTec HPs, Lighter (because they are thinner) than blazers and quieter IMO. oh and cheaper too.
Less money, flies great, weight is just a tad under blazer, and a whole lot better company to deal with. BTW they stick!! Less work to install is my main reason to stock VT, but the company telling me that I don't know how to fletch, just wrong.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's no question vanes are more durable but feathers are in a class by themselves when it comes to forgiveness of shooter error and/or resulting clearance problems.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't care for blazers because they are high, stiff, light weight and not as advertised, they total in weight a lot more than they claim.

My biggest beef and the one that matters is flight. Using a 100 Thunderhead the blazer being so light and possibly because of it's short length cause my arrows point of impact to fluctuate to an extreme. My arrows fly at a flatter trajectory with vanes totaling 25 grns. Feathers do the same as blazers.

I like the 4" savage duravane in all red.

Just bought some Beman bone collector arrows with blazer from a guy and shot with points and T Head, arrow point of impact dropped too much and then I remembered why, too much FOC. Thunderheads tell it like it is. Once they grab air it just keeps grabbing more. I can typically use one pin from 18-25 yrds. The drop with blazers couldn't do it, I'd be out of the zone before 25.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Better

Originally Posted by LonRainJer
x2
lighter, quieter, and cheaper= better