Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
what weirdest thing that has happen to you while hunting? >

what weirdest thing that has happen to you while hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what weirdest thing that has happen to you while hunting?

Old 10-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default what weirdest thing that has happen to you while hunting?

i wanted to start this thread from another thread thats on here. but here are the two weirdest things that have happen to me.

i dont know these people personally but we have had a lot of trouble with them poaching i was putting a buddy of mine in a stand before day light and drove by the next field only a hundred or so yards away and there was a bunch of teenagers standing right by the road getting ready to duck hunt and when i drove by they shot at my truck and peppered my tail gate as i drove by so i backed up with my shotgun pointing out of the window and had a little heart to heart talk with them and have never had a problem with them since

then the second thing is

i have this stand that over looks a creek bed and theres a house that is about 400 yards from there and this husband and wife have mental health problems and have been in the hospital a lot and they just do weird things like they will go out and beat on there metal builds with a bat for no reason but one morning i went to go get in this stand probably about an hour before light and i climbed up in this stand and i was getting my stuff put up and my bow hung as soon as i got everything put up i herd something walking around in front of me so i turned off my light and sat back to wait for daylight but i started looking and i could see something white and it was a person with a black suite on and glow in the dark gloves and glow in the dark mask on with a snow white dog no light or anything and remember this in the middle of a creek bed pitch black out and this person walked straight to me and stopped about 10 yards away and just sat there and stared at me never saying a word and i said if you come any closer or do anything i will shoot you they never said anything or even moved then after about 20 or 25 min the person and the dog walked past me and headed back towards the house

so what has happened to you guys?
Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

I pulled into the area where I park for one area I hunt, and see that there is a car parked there nearly blocking the road. I slowly go around it in the little bit of space they left off to the side, when out of the corner of my eye I catch some movement in the car. A girl pulled her head up, looked at me and started laughing. The guy that was beneath her shot upright with a startled look. The bucks weren't the only thing servicing the does on that hunt.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
i have this stand that over looks a creek bed and theres a house that is about 400 yards from there and this husband and wife have mental health problems and have been in the hospital a lot and they just do weird things like they will go out and beat on there metal builds with a bat for no reason but one morning i went to go get in this stand probably about an hour before light and i climbed up in this stand and i was getting my stuff put up and my bow hung as soon as i got everything put up i herd something walking around in front of me so i turned off my light and sat back to wait for daylight but i started looking and i could see something white and it was a person with a black suite on and glow in the dark gloves and glow in the dark mask on with a snow white dog no light or anything and remember this in the middle of a creek bed pitch black out and this person walked straight to me and stopped about 10 yards away and just sat there and stared at me never saying a word and i said if you come any closer or do anything i will shoot you they never said anything or even moved then after about 20 or 25 min the person and the dog walked past me and headed back towards the house

so what has happened to you guys?
Im calling B.S on this one. First of all, to find somebody that quick in the woods on their part is pretty good. You should send those people across sea's with their dog to find Bin Laden if they can find you that quick in the dark. But hey its your story I guess but Im calling B.S.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

There is a good thread on archery talk about strange things. People have seen everything from aliens to Cupacharo (sp) and bigfoot. Long read but good and funny alot of times.

Mine happened last yr sitting in the stand before sunrise. Now personally I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, and crap like that and never have.

But sitting there one morning got some moonlight to see just a small amount I see this faint orange glow kinda like a flashlight with the batteries dying. It just sits there and slowly twinkles for a few minutes and then gone. About 5 minutes later it appears again about 5 yards to the left. Glows only for a minute and gone, never saw it again. The sun started to creep up and I can clearly see where the glow was at and there is nothing there but ground and bush. Don't have a clue what it was, and don't bother me any, I still sit in the same spot.

another was 15 yrs ago in the mountains of Va. I was with my brother in law and his moms boyfriend. We are sitting at camp and the boyfriend isn't back yet for lunch. A truck pulls up near camp and hear a shot go off. We then hear a bullet whizzing through the air, it hits the tree at camp that we got a coleman propane stove next to sitting on a table. The bullet drops out of the tree hits a pot lid sitting on the table and hits the ground. truck drives by and waves. A few minutes later the boyfriend walks out asking if we just shot at something. We tell him what happened, then a car pulls up and 30 seconds later we hear them slam the trunk shut. They pull by us wave and the whole time you hear a deer kicking the crap out of the trunk.

we got the tag number and called the game warden when we got of the mountain and got to a phone.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Strangest thing ever happend to me someone used my blind and **** in a ziplock bag they left it in there.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Im calling B.S on this one. First of all, to find somebody that quick in the woods on their part is pretty good. You should send those people across sea's with their dog to find Bin Laden if they can find you that quick in the dark. But hey its your story I guess but Im calling B.S.
well i dont lie but you can call B.S if you want bud i could careless if you believed me or not you wasn't in the tree stand. im guessing they weren't that far in the first place and its not like they ran straight to me as you would know if you read it. how do you make that up?

Last edited by pearsontx4; 10-18-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
call B.S if you want bud you wasnt in the tree stand im guessing they weren't tha far in the first place and how do you make that up?
If its true that is the creepiest thing I ever heard, I would be packing a 9mm if I were you.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
If its true that is the creepiest thing I ever heard, I would be packing a 9mm if I were you.
Agreed, that is some crazy $#@!. Anything i don't recognize will probably spook me, but a human just standing there starting at you should have a sense of communication. That's a good way to get shot if you ask me. Prepare your holster.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Spike

two years ago on a evening hunt i was sitting in my tree and all of a sudden wack!! i look up and 2ft above me sits this owl. i just sit there shaking and scared to death hopping it doesn't see me spook and start tearing the crap out of me. I was like that for 5 minutes and then it just took off and flew away. that was one scary experiance but probably something that will never happen again.

Sunday night three guys walked into the field 80 yards behind us looking at this dead doe(wasn't there last week and i spotted it on the way in it was strange. i think i might move it tomorrow so it doesn't frighten the deer while hunting) any ways after looking at it they start walking towards my stand and me and my buddy were kinda nervous because i thought i might not be on the land owners land (turns out i was). Any ways they get to 15 yards and one says look a deer hunter the other guy then yells up if we seen anything and then the third yells at us that its to hot to be hunting. after bout 3 minutes or so they just turned around and left. Weird thing was is they were like in there 60s or so. needless to say i saw nothing that night. definitely wasn't a happy camper after that experience.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Ok. I'm sitting next to a tree deer hunting. It was a little while after daylight. I've saw nothing. Along comes this tiny ground squirrell, he's close. So, I am as still as can be ( didnt move a muscle) He gets closer and closer. At this time he almost went up my pant leg. Still no movement. My rifle is laid across my lap when this little guy decides to jump up on the stock of my gun and hang out for a few minutes. Made me feel like I was at one with nature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.