Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bull in a china shop!!!! >

Bull in a china shop!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bull in a china shop!!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bull in a china shop!!!!

Anyone else feel like a bull in a china shop when getting into your stand, and getting all situated? I feel like I make a ton of noise, and move around way too much. It seems like the quieter I try to be, the more noisy I seem to be.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

oh no doubt. The other morning I leaned across my driver seat to the passenger side to get my bow...definitely leaned on the horn...
Old 10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can side with you, i try to be as quiet as possible and i feel like i am making to much noise. I had that problem last year and it wasnt that it was to much noise or movement im up in my stand and faceing that tree setting up, well i hear a couple of sticks on the ground break and some leaves crunching well i turn around and see this Nice looking buck stairing at me. Not really making noise or movement, but more so not being in stand at the right time.

But that situation has taught me to get to the stand a little earlier and try to pay a little more attention to what is going on around me while setting up!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

And what about how exhausting it is trying to be quiet?

I rarely use a climber these days, on draw hunts and public property I will.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by onion721
And what about how exhausting it is trying to be quiet?

I rarely use a climber these days, on draw hunts and public property I will.
I hear ya, by the time I am all situated, I am am plum wore out.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm that way when I feel rushed to get up and get situated. I find that if I take my time and move slower I'm quieter. Give it a try.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Spike

I understand what you're saying and have the same feelings. I try to take each step very quietly and sometimes almost fall over because I'm trying to slowly roll from my heel to the ball of my foot. It is quite tiring!

I will say this though.... I was on the stand the other night and had both deer and a person (neighbor out for a walk) approach at different imes. The deer and the person made the same "sort" of noise except for the fact that the person walked continuously and the deer did not. Remember that deer usually take a few steps and look to walk around.

I'd always read about taking 3-4 steps and stopping but had never really practiced that...I had always tried to be as quiet as possible instead. After what I heard last night I would definitely worry more about my pace than the noise itself. Sure, I don't want to crash through the woods but by nature you'll be less noisy by taking a few steps and stopping. I tried it on the way out and it was much more comfortable than agonizing about each step. Just my two cents worth.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
oh no doubt. The other morning I leaned across my driver seat to the passenger side to get my bow...definitely leaned on the horn...

Leaned on the horn...LOL!
Thats funny. I am sure some 4 letter words followed the horn. I can see myself doing the exact same thing. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its more the noise I am making while I am getting everything situated in the stand, not on the trip in, alltho I do tend to make alot of noise in the leaves.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kathwacckkk
Leaned on the horn...LOL!
Thats funny. I am sure some 4 letter words followed the horn. I can see myself doing the exact same thing. Thanks for the laugh.
hahah you don't even know. I sat down on my seat and just put my head in my hands and said some nice things to myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.