Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How do you shoot? >

How do you shoot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you shoot?

Old 10-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

just depends on the situation...but if you do decide to stand, make sure you draw like you are looking at it on the ground, then bend at the hips to keep your form, or your pin wont be on time...or practice shooting standing up from your stand so you can see the difference and compensate for it later.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer to stand if I can do so without spooking the deer, but will shoot from the sitting position if required.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

It depends on what is needed, but I would prefer to stand if I have the choice. If I'm sitting when I first see the deer, I usually try to stay seated for the shot. It's good to be comfortable either way, of course.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Spike

I always stand, or I won't shoot. Your odds of missing or injuring a deer are greater if your not shooting in the position that is practiced.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

Depends on the situation or the tree I am in. But most of the time I try to stand up or remain standing from the point I get into my tree.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

I will do either, but prefer standing if I can. That's simply because it gives me greater range of motion...allows me to turn further to my off-side to get a shot if need be. If sitting, I'm limited to a little over 90 degrees. You have to practice both positions, however, if you want to shoot reliably from either one.