Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How do you shoot? >

How do you shoot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you shoot?

Old 10-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default How do you shoot?

Past couple weeks while sitting in my stand I've been meaning to ask this question.

How do you shoot from your tree stand? Do you stand to shoot, or shoot from a sitting position?

Personally I shoot while sitting, like to hear how you guys do it, and why?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will shoot either way. Depends on the situation.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Fork Horn

Personally I like to stand. It's because I have to practice standing up. From my deck to the target, I have to shoot over the top of the railing so I have to stand everytime I practice shoot. So, it's not comfortable sitting for me. Have practiced shooting through the railing while sitting though haha.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default depends

"IF" I can stand I will, however sometimes I cant for fear of getting spotted.. I will go either way depending on circumstances.. Sometimes I have to stand to clear brush limbs ect.. Just depends, I practice both ways though..
Old 10-17-2010, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt from the ground and prefer to stand mostly because I havent practiced shooting sitting down or from kneeling.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Like others I'll take the shot in whatever position deems nessary at the time. I practice both sitting and standing, because sometimes the movement of standing will take the opportunity away, but I do prefer to stand. I have practiced both positions and from different angles for a long time, like I said you just never know.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=killadoe;3703723I will go either way depending on circumstances.. Just depends, I practice both ways though..[/QUOTE]

Haha thats what she said!!!

But in all seriousness I prefer to stand just becuase thats what im most comfortable with.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

I always shoot sitting down unless the situation dictates differen't, shooting behind tree, shooting on the off hand side...etc.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

I used to always stand but as of this year I'm all about sitting, unless like you guys said, the situation dictates differently.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

If I'm sitting when the deer shows up I shoot that way. If I see him coming and can get up I do. I shoot both ways all year long so it is comfortable both ways for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.