Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
have you ever known a hunter that shouldnt be hunting >

have you ever known a hunter that shouldnt be hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have you ever known a hunter that shouldnt be hunting

Old 10-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, my BIL's younger brother is one of those people that will shoot anything and usually miss. He shot at nine deer one day and killed two. That was one of his good days. He didn't admit to hitting any of the others, but I sure he probably wounded a couple.

He was hunting out of one of my stand sites a couple of years ago and shot a five point. Our rules are minimum eight (eastern) with antlers past the ear tips. He knew the rules, and I told my BIL that it was his situation to handle.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN
Yeah, my BIL's younger brother is one of those people that will shoot anything and usually miss. He shot at nine deer one day and killed two. That was one of his good days. He didn't admit to hitting any of the others, but I sure he probably wounded a couple.

He was hunting out of one of my stand sites a couple of years ago and shot a five point. Our rules are minimum eight (eastern) with antlers past the ear tips. He knew the rules, and I told my BIL that it was his situation to handle.
bahaha, shooting at nine deer, one day! That has got to be some sort of record.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

it must be genetic !!!! his dad crippled one last night with a last ditch effort to shoot a doe before light ran out.. he took a 55 yard shot with his crossbow..hit the deer but never found it.. his reasoning was the rain must have washed the blood away.. but it didnt rain till noon today.. what a crock of $H!T
Old 10-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Spike

My uncle is like that. He wounds at least twice as many deer as he brings down, and the ones he does shoot tend to be fawns or spikes (apparently in the 30+ years of hunting he can't figure out how to pick out the young ones from the older ones). My dad finally kicked him from our property about 7-8 years ago. Now he goes to my cousin's (his son) property and does the same thing, but now with a crossbow. I give my cousin a hard time about it because it's all QDM where he's at and his dad notoriously shoots the little ones. Good times.

Last edited by radlad31; 10-19-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Not exactly, but I once went hunting with a guy who owned his hunting land because I didn't have any other good spot to go. It was a guy my wife worked with.

Didn't see anything all day, but when I got home my wife decided to tell me a story she heard about him having a close all with a negligent discharge while his rifle wasn't exactly pointed in a safe direction. I said, "well, I don't know why you let me go hunting with him, and i don't even have a life insurance policy." She didn't get it.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
Not exactly, but I once went hunting with a guy who owned his hunting land because I didn't have any other good spot to go. It was a guy my wife worked with.

Didn't see anything all day, but when I got home my wife decided to tell me a story she heard about him having a close all with a negligent discharge while his rifle wasn't exactly pointed in a safe direction. I said, "well, I don't know why you let me go hunting with him, and i don't even have a life insurance policy." She didn't get it.
That you know of. LOL!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

I have had an experience like that theres a guy that hunts a farm I hunt that shoots anything that walks and if it doesnt die within his eyesite he doesnt look for it. I approached the farmer with the information and a 1000 dollars for private rites to the property. I put posted signs every other tree and informed the idiot that he cant hunt the farm nemore. Told him shoprite was 15 minutes away and he could get all the meat he wants there
Old 11-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

You tell guys around here, that you actually tag your deer, and they look at you, as if you told them, you like to over pay on your taxes.

Seriously, the majority of the "hunters" I meet, have no respect for game laws whatsoever. theyll shoot any kind of game, anytime of year, with any kind of weapon, and justify it by saying "hey, im gonna eat it" Thats why I pretty much hunt alone.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
You tell guys around here, that you actually tag your deer, and they look at you, as if you told them, you like to over pay on your taxes.

Seriously, the majority of the "hunters" I meet, have no respect for game laws whatsoever. theyll shoot any kind of game, anytime of year, with any kind of weapon, and justify it by saying "hey, im gonna eat it" Thats why I pretty much hunt alone.
I agree.
One of the worst things Illinois did was do away with check stations and have hunters just call in or go on line to reprt harvest.
Too many guys dont do it or report bucks as a doe so they can keep killing bucks
Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Spike

instead of putting all these people down, and be disgusted at them wounding deer, and swaring them off from ever going hunting with them again...why not try and TEACH them..maybe they never had anyone teach them the ethical, correct way to bow hunt?

Just sayin....but yes I know there are some real hard heads that wont listen to instruction no matter what.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.