Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Whisker Biscuit Questions >

Whisker Biscuit Questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit Questions

Old 10-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

I used to use a whisker biscuit. I though it was a decent rest. I switched to the full containtment QAD ultra rest. This rest beats the heck out of the biscuit. This is only because i really like using full helical on all my arrows. I just seem to get better broadhead flight...But the biscuit never did me wrong, my bow shot great and i killed deer.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had 3 of 'em, still got 2. I've had probably a good few thousand shots through each, and probably have a few more before I drop in a replacement biscuit. I would buy a higher-end model than the original- the skinny round shaft on the originals bend. The big square ones on other models don't. You'll probably have shorter vane life but vanes are cheap and made to be worn.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Spike

I would stay with QAD and Trophy Taker if I were you. I just think that a rest should not touch the arrow when it is released. My opinion

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti..._SEQ_103861080

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti..._SEQ_103861080
Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

My vote goes to WB! I have used one for several years and am using one with my new Z7. I practice out to 70 yards and have no problems with accuracy or speed.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

I use the whisker biscuit and i love it. I had it on my old bow and put it on my new Z7 and it shoots great. Might take a few fps off but imho it's worth knowing I can't knock the arrow off and watch the buck run away after hearing the arrow fall off the rest. Lots of shots through mine and it's just first starting to show wear from the vanes passing through.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boogeyman24
I use the whisker biscuit and i love it. I had it on my old bow and put it on my new Z7 and it shoots great. Might take a few fps off but imho it's worth knowing I can't knock the arrow off and watch the buck run away after hearing the arrow fall off the rest. Lots of shots through mine and it's just first starting to show wear from the vanes passing through.
That my biggest fear..... Well, after this season is over, I will change to one I think. I like the looks of the QAD rest, but don't like the price... To late to change rest now. Season opens tomorrow, FINALLY!!! and I wont be able to get much practice in. Thanks for all the opinions
Old 10-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Biscuit is awesome for hunting had no problem tuning anything my muzzy phantoms hit same as field pts do shot all summer usually change biscuit out once a yr but I shoot alot prob 5000 or more shots a yr
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

i had a whisker biscuit on my bow for a few years... and i loved it. i shot it with blazers and never had a problem. it contained the arrow perfectly and was quiet on the draw, and i shot a few deer with it. I switched to a ripcord dropaway a couple of years ago... and i dont think im lookin back. The dropaway is a full containment rest, so its really the best of both worlds. It was about 30 bucks more than the whisker biscuit but its worth it. my groups did shrink quite a bit with the dropaway. Thats not to say that the whisker biscuit wasnt accurate but the dropaway is more so. Hope that helps
Old 10-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

I own one and don,t really like it
I use thin carbon arrows and it makes noise while I walk through brush on a stalk as the arrrow rattles around they are better suited for thick aluminum arrows.
Planning to use a drop away next season.
Also noticed after a lot of shooting my vanes are rippled.
Get a QAD or a Code Red Ripcord and you dont have to worry about your arrow falling out or vane contact- best of both worlds.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ADVWannabee
I use it and love it. I don't know the name of it, but there is a rest that is made similar to the WB, but instead of having brushes all the way around, it just hast them in 3 points. That way the fetching doesn't hit the brushes. I don't feel that it affects the accuracy as I have robin hooded with mine and can put 2 arrows touching on occasion at 30 yards.
After breaking a rest last week I went to this as well. I wanted something that wouldn't come in contact with my veins and so far It is shooting far better than my fall away rest before.