Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aluminum Arrows

Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Spike

Default Aluminum Arrows

Ok guys,

I would really like to know what you all really think about these arrows or just how many of you are still shooting them. Granted I do know they will never be as fast,or as light as a carbon. But When it comes to arrow consistency, Weight, and just plain out accurate, in my mind you cant get a better arrow. This is just an opinion im not saying anything against anyone that shoots carbons! But in this year alone I know 2 people that have lost deer due to carbons. The first one the guy hit the back of the shoulder blade and the arrow shattered no penetration lost the deer he was shooting 60lbs. and second the other guy took a quartering away shot and didn't even get enough penetration to hit the vitals he's shooting 65lbs. idk this is just an opinion but I know i wont be shooting anything but an aluminum!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Spike

Also just wanted to add that what i explained doesn't happen all the time because plenty of people shoot carbons and kill deer. It just makes me really think about what kind of equipment im gonna shoot even though 95% of it is shot placement
Old 10-13-2010, 02:45 PM
bigcountry

I use aluminums and carbon. Both have pro's and cons. But one thing I have learned using both, is your never going to get as consistent spine or straightness of an aluminum arrow. But they loose their spine faster and more delicate.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still shooting my XX78 2315's. I have no intention of changing!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Spike

I have been shooting the Easton full Metal Jacket. I am very pleased, they will bend but haven't had a breakadge yet. They are a carbon arrow wrapped aluminum. I have shot hogs and Deer with pass throughs each time. lots of KE compared to Flatline carbons.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

What kind of broadheads were those guys shooting? I have been shooting carbons for a few years now, tipped with a G5 montec. I have shot 9 doe's and 3 bucks and everyone was a pass through, even when it went throught the shoulder, shooting 65 lbs.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

How old were the carbon arrows that exploded? I know that the old school carbons with outserts use to explode alot. I have never heard of any modern carbon arrow exploding. I have been using Carbon Express arrows for over 10 years and never had a problem with penatration or arrow failure.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Spike

Well I am shooting XX78 Super Slams in 2315's still with 4 in. feathers tipped with a Muzzy 115 gr. 4 Blade also I have a doz. Easton FMJ's great arrow as well and the one guys who's arrow exploded was shooting a rage 2 blade and was shooting a carbon express maxima's and the other guy was shooting a 4 blade Muzzy
Old 10-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by lifesadrag
I'm still shooting my XX78 2315's. I have no intention of changing!
Same here not broke dont fix it!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MNbowhunter13
Well I am shooting XX78 Super Slams in 2315's still with 4 in. feathers tipped with a Muzzy 115 gr. 4 Blade also I have a doz. Easton FMJ's great arrow as well and the one guys who's arrow exploded was shooting a rage 2 blade and was shooting a carbon express maxima's and the other guy was shooting a 4 blade Muzzy
No kidding. Guess you learn something new every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.