HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bending Rage 2-Blade (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/331745-bending-rage-2-blade.html)

Trex 10-12-2010 03:20 PM

Bending Rage 2-Blade

I started using the Rage 2-blade last fall. All three deer I have killed have caused one of the blades to bend. All three were through the ribs and did not hit any major bone. Also, all three arrows appeared to have had enough energy for a pass through but were found laying flat on the ground past the deer so I don't think they hit anything on the ground to cause the blade to bend. One arrow was hanging out the other side of the deer at the fletchings and fell out after the deer ran approx 40 yds.
I am shooting CE Maxima Hunters at 64#.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

bigbulls 10-12-2010 04:54 PM

When you have long skinny blades held on by a little screw they are going to get bent no matter what brand the broadhead is.

As far as penetration goes it takes considerably more energy to push those long wide blades through an animal and their bones than it does a moderate sized broadhead... be it a fixed blade head like a Slick Trick or a mechanical like a Rocket Steel head.

demoIL 10-12-2010 06:30 PM

Ya mine have done that. I replace the blades after every animal that's shot anyhow though, no matter what broadhead I'm shooting. But check it on a spinner cuz every one I've shot so far has also bent the head it's self, not to the eye but it's visible on a spinner.

8 TINES 10-13-2010 05:26 AM

I shoot 3 blade 100 grain rage and have never had a problem with blade or head bending and I have shot 3 deer this year with same head but changed the blades out after 2nd kill just to get back the razor sharpness

*twodogs* 10-13-2010 06:25 AM

Yes. I tried them last year or the year before, can't recall. I took a nice buck with the 2 blade but one of the blades bent and the arrow did not pass through. The buck only went 40 yards and there was a lot of blood but overall, I did not like the performance so I went back to fixed blades.

I like to resharpen my blades and I found it was very hard to do with those thin blades.

Bob H in NH 10-13-2010 09:44 AM

Where are people finding the replacement blades? I haven't seen them and I stink at sharpening them.

OhioBowhunter 10-13-2010 03:05 PM

In my experience, the blades tend to bend when they hit bone harded than a rib, like the shoulder. Also, replacements can ussually be found at your dealer, if not ask the guys at the proshop and I'm sure thay can get you some.

8 TINES 10-14-2010 07:49 AM

you can also order them from rage's web site

westtexducks 10-16-2010 09:44 AM

Yes they do tend to bend most of the time. I get my replacement blades from Academy. I'v shot two deer and a feral hog with mine and got complete pass through on all of them. It might be your poundage.