Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Land owner issues >

Land owner issues

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Land owner issues

Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since you aren't going to use it next year anyway, get the beans off when it suits YOU. I hunt several farms around here and I don't expect the farmers to chance their plans to suit my hunting . . . I try to accomodate what they're doing.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Man, what the world is coming to today. Guy accepts money for a farm lease then tries to dictate how you should farm it. That would piss me off to no end, cut the beans when your operations call for it, this guy is all in it for himself.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

I'm in the minority I guess. I'd work with him and find something else to harvest. This time of year a couple of days wait will not hurt your yield. You run the risk of damaging your name among all of the neighbors and chance losing other ground.

In my area $230/acre is a bargain. I get quite a bit more on my ground.

Legally speaking, the owner may not be able to lease hunting rights to someone else on top of your farming lease. It must be spelled out in the lease with the tenant.

He may be outfitting illegally as well. He can legally allow others to hunt but cannot provide any services to them.(W/Money involved) He cannot let them use tree stands, cannot guide them, cannot retrieve deer or anything like that.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys we talked to him and told him that we were going to cut the beans because were going to be in the area and it would be a waste to leave them and drive the hour to ground around our farm. We start on our far ground away from the farm first and work our way back. We decided to stop where we were at today and move things over to the property and start should be done with it tommorow and will move the 30 min. back to where we were.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, it seems for the price you are paying you should have the hunting rights as well.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can you wait, is there a issue with waiting? If so pull them out. Just because you ant using the field next year burning bridges can hurt with other farmers.THEY ALL TALK TO EACH OTHER. Though I think your fully allowed and in your right to pull the beans.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

WHY can he not lease the hunting rights or outfit the property
Originally Posted by LLBUX
I'm in the minority I guess. I'd work with him and find something else to harvest. This time of year a couple of days wait will not hurt your yield. You run the risk of damaging your name among all of the neighbors and chance losing other ground.

In my area $230/acre is a bargain. I get quite a bit more on my ground.

Legally speaking, the owner may not be able to lease hunting rights to someone else on top of your farming lease. It must be spelled out in the lease with the tenant.

He may be outfitting illegally as well. He can legally allow others to hunt but cannot provide any services to them.(W/Money involved) He cannot let them use tree stands, cannot guide them, cannot retrieve deer or anything like that.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Well we went in and got out about 67 ac. rain shut us down. Called him told him we would finish up when it dries up. He finally apologized tonight and said he fully understands and told us to cut the beans when we get the chance. This guy isnt a farmer and no one likes him he has an attitude and his ground will sit idle unless hes willing to cash rent his ground at a reasonable price.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
This guy isnt a farmer and no one likes him he has an attitude and his ground will sit idle unless hes willing to cash rent his ground at a reasonable price.
We know the type. Don't worry about him. If he does not change, the land will be sold in a few years.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
Well we went in and got out about 67 ac. rain shut us down. Called him told him we would finish up when it dries up. He finally apologized tonight and said he fully understands and told us to cut the beans when we get the chance. This guy isnt a farmer and no one likes him he has an attitude and his ground will sit idle unless hes willing to cash rent his ground at a reasonable price.
Thats good that he finally apologized. Cash rent? I'm not a farmer. I have an idea of what your saying, at least I thinks I do.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.