HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Its almost our turn NY (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/331678-its-almost-our-turn-ny.html)

V8Ranger 10-11-2010 04:14 PM

Its almost our turn NY

Our turn is finally coming... Well after having surgery almost two weeks ago to have a pain pump put in for my back, I got the bow back out and did some shooting today. My wife wasn't to happy that I rushed into it all ready. But I had to get some practice in. I put on the practice BH's and shot a few rounds. I did pretty good.
So after saying in another thread I never shoot at deer closer that 5 or 10 yards because there never that close, I got video off my camera last week of a doe and her two fawns walking right at the base of my stand. So I practiced that shot today just in case. I am really pumped for this season. After getting shut out last year for the first time in 15 years, I am pumped for this season. I have moved all my stands and the activity around them has been good... Be safe everyone, remember to wear your harnes....:party0005:

HoytMT2332 10-11-2010 09:16 PM

I too got skunked last year. First time ever, course i've only been hunting 7 years. I can't wait for saturday. Good luck to you sir, hope you smoke one. :). Hey is this the longest week of the year or what????

V8Ranger 10-12-2010 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by HoytMT2332 (Post 3700600)
I too got skunked last year. First time ever, course i've only been hunting 7 years. I can't wait for saturday. Good luck to you sir, hope you smoke one. :). Hey is this the longest week of the year or what????

I think your right there. I swear this week is a month long....:bash:

HardwoodHunter 10-12-2010 01:36 AM

hey guys, I got skunked too last year. However, second day this year I smoked one...I'll send some of the luck your guys' way 8-) haha.

NY Bowhunter 10-12-2010 02:18 AM

Hey is this the longest week of the year or what????
By far.... I can't believe it's only Tuesday. I shot a wallhanger last year and have my hands full with 2 bruisers this year. One of them being absolutely enormous BIG. Good luck to everyone.

Western MA Hunter 10-12-2010 04:43 AM

Can't wait...

V8Ranger 10-12-2010 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter (Post 3700642)
By far.... I can't believe it's only Tuesday. I shot a wallhanger last year and have my hands full with 2 bruisers this year. One of them being absolutely enormous BIG. Good luck to everyone.

Well send one of them my way please....:happy0001:

DDMPrecision 10-12-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by HoytMT2332 (Post 3700600)
I too got skunked last year. Hey is this the longest week of the year or what????

Glad I'm not alone in having gotten skunked last year...
I'm stupid excited, super anxious to get my bum out there and stick a few this year!
I've finally been able to get permission to hunt a few areas that actually hold some deer that aren't super-pressured public lands, and pray that I'm able to harvest a few nice deer this year to fill that freezer and hopefully have one worthy of hanging on the wall.
Love those European Skull mounts!
Best of luck everyone!
God Bless!
Dave

matt068 10-12-2010 08:23 AM

This is a special year for me because my son can finally bowhunt w/ me. Hes practiced so hard and has become an excellent shot. He also has shown me he has ice water in his veins during our last 2 turkey seasons. He keeps it together remarkably well for a young kid. I have plenty of bucks on the trail cam so things look promising. Can you tell im a proud pappa I have waited so long for these days deer or no deer for us its gonna be an awesome year;)

*twodogs* 10-12-2010 08:32 AM

Looking forward to Saturday although I try not to expect too much until the rut kicks in. I have a few good bucks in my area and can't wait to see if I get a shot at one of them. Be safe and good luck.