Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Its almost our turn NY >

Its almost our turn NY

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Its almost our turn NY

Old 10-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Spike

Good Luck everyone! This week is dragging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Jeez, still tuesday? Is ny the last state to open?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HoytMT2332
Jeez, still tuesday? Is ny the last state to open?
LAMO....... yup its still Tuesday ..... I think NY is the last. I think Northern NY is open, but not the Southern zone. We are the last of the Mohican's. Do you ever wonder why that is???? I sure would like to know why half the state opens earlier than the other half.....
Old 10-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

AHHHH I cant wait!! Was up at the property from friday night until today. Put up 6 stands for my dad, brother and I.. Saw lots of deer, only one 4 point though and a couple spikes. Should be a good weekend anyhow, I wouldnt mind taking a big doe
Old 10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Well I got skunked last year too. I'm hoping for a better season this year. The outlook seems promising. I've been seeing some good deer. I ought to have my own land next year, but I'm sticking to mostly public land this year. 43 minutes til' wednesday!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't sleep at night and when I do all I dream about is hunting... We have problems, but I wouldnt' have it any other way
Old 10-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Canuck33
Can't sleep at night and when I do all I dream about is hunting... We have problems, but I wouldnt' have it any other way
Can't sleep eithier. I work nights, i got out of work at 3. I tryed to sleep but everytime i closed my eyes i saw antlers. So i got up, rigged up the tower light, and proceeded to shoot my 3d target about 50 times. That sorta tired me out. It's worse than christmas eve when your 8. I honestly think i'm ill. But i also feel you guys are just as messed up as me..... I wish our season opened the first of Oct. that would be SWEET.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Oh. Its wednesday now guys. Yesterday seemed to be a 48 hour day.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep this week sucks lol. I was up somewhere in the vicinity of 2:30am- 3:30am this morning. For some reason visions of all my stands were flashing in my head with deer walking into my shooting lanes. Couldn't fall back to sleep for anything. Spent all day today getting supplies and the hunting lodge ready. Tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock....
Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by V8Ranger
LAMO....... yup its still Tuesday ..... I think NY is the last. I think Northern NY is open, but not the Southern zone. We are the last of the Mohican's. Do you ever wonder why that is???? I sure would like to know why half the state opens earlier than the other half.....
Yah, our early bow started the 27th...we had until the first to fill our tags from last year, if we didn't fill it last year that is. Normal bow opened the first and runs until the 16th when early smokepole starts. I'm a little confused as to why it works this way myself, but until I move to the southern tier i will not complain haha. Sorry guys! But you do know that good things come to those whom wait right?! Good luck fellas!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.