Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Not passing threw....Any thoughts? >

Not passing threw....Any thoughts?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not passing threw....Any thoughts?

Old 10-24-2010, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thunderchickenfrenzy
Beman ICS Camhunt 500
Is 500 the spine deflection? If so, that is a very weak spined shaft.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

AA Says... Get bigger arrows!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I would have to disagree about two blades not leaving a good blood trail. Most people don't get a good blood trail because they hit the animal too high and/or don't get a passthru. I have had the best blood trails I have seen with large two blade broadheads, a passthru and a carefully placed shot. I see a lot of people aim at the middle of the deer, drop their arm and hit high, than complain about no blood. "It's not the arrow it's the Indian".
Well, DING, DING, DING, he's said he's not getting pass-throughs, maybe a RAGE isn't the BH for him......

I dont know exactly know what my hunting arrow weighs tricked out , but the last time I chrono'd it which was last year I belive it was shooting around 250-260

I have been having a bad problem with not passing threw, I've shot 4 bucks less than 10 yards and have not had 1 complete pass threw!! And I've shot some 20-30yds and it seems to penetrate good but wont pass threw; I shoot a Bowtech General, Beman ICS Camhunt 500 (9.1 GPI), and I belive my draw length is 27 (my arms have grown another good 1/2in or so but I want to use my arrows i have now up because they will be too short if i extend my draw length, i still have almost a dozen and i still can shoot my bow comfortable), I shot 63lb draw and rage 3 blades. If you guys got and tips to help me start passing threw I would really appreciate it. Thanks
You really have no business shooting a mechanical/expandable BH. You have a multitude of issues, first and foremost, you're arrows are very weak spined for the DL and bow. Even down to 24.5", the spine of those arrows is TOO WEAK. You're arrow weight is only about 365gr, but you're speed is more likely sub-250fps, giving you about 50ft/#'s of Kinetic energy which obviously sounds like it's not enough if you're not getting pass-throughs. Get a FIXED blade BH, and tune your bow, you may have to drop the weight down to around 55# to get the right spining, or you need to go get new arrows that are in the .400 series spine. You're hear to learn and develop as a bowhunter/archer, thats the best advice I can offer up for you. Don't be fooled by the RAGE "Rage," it's not that great if you don't have enough bow to make that BH do it's job.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ranger77
twodogs -

Who started this thread and why? They're having penetration issues - most people do who shoot mechanical and they're baffled at why.

This is why - right here in this thread. If beating a dead horse keeps just one guy from losing a buck of a lifetime to mechanicals? its worth it

Let's all listen to you........the guy that has NEVER shot or used the Rage head. Who would know better than you how they work.

Ranger.... leave you whinning and unknowledgeable posts to something you know. TBD if there is anything.

I've shot 9 P&Y bucks in my life and lost 1 of them and that was to a fixed head (Muzzy). I'm 8 for 8 using rear opening mecahnicals (Snypers and Rage).
Old 10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by annika3
Let's all listen to you........the guy that has NEVER shot or used the Rage head. Who would know better than you how they work.

Ranger.... leave you whinning and unknowledgeable posts to something you know. TBD if there is anything.

I've shot 9 P&Y bucks in my life and lost 1 of them and that was to a fixed head (Muzzy). I'm 8 for 8 using rear opening mecahnicals (Snypers and Rage).
off subject, but 9 P&Y is a major accomplishment. Thats Awesome
Old 10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

So if you'd like to help the young lad out, is 50ft/#'s with a relatively LIGHT arrow enough energy to be shooting 3-blade rages at mature 200# whitetail deer????

There you are again talking up your product, yet not adding anything but YOUR spew, while not really addressing the real problem. Funny for some reason I still have a hard time believing you don't have some $$$ vested interest the way you indisciminantly push these heads.......
Old 10-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
So if you'd like to help the young lad out, is 50ft/#'s with a relatively LIGHT arrow enough energy to be shooting 3-blade rages at mature 200# whitetail deer????

There you are again talking up your product, yet not adding anything but YOUR spew, while not really addressing the real problem. Funny for some reason I still have a hard time believing you don't have some $$$ vested interest the way you indisciminantly push these heads.......
My Spew? I call a guy out that has NEVER used the head who continues to bash (spew) comments about the head and I comment on how well the head has worked for me. I think you have it backwards there Chachi.

You are way off point. I dispute a guy that has never used the head and I'm just stating MY facts about using the head. Which guy would you think has better knowledge of the head. A guy that has taken many does and 8 P&Y bucks with the head (Snypers/Rage) or a guy that has NEVER used the head?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe you're getting unlucky and hitting both ribs every time!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

I think its cool someone used someone else thread to promote themselves.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Spew? I call a guy out that has NEVER used the head who continues to bash (spew) comments about the head and I comment on how well the head has worked for me. I think you have it backwards there Chachi.

You are way off point. I dispute a guy that has never used the head and I'm just stating MY facts about using the head. Which guy would you think has better knowledge of the head. A guy that has taken many does and 8 P&Y bucks with the head (Snypers/Rage) or a guy that has NEVER used the head?
You never answered the question??? No ideas??? What BH would you use if you HAD to use a FIXED blade BH??? Can you tune a bow well enough to shoot a FIXED blade BH???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.