Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic) >

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

To each there own I guess. I first used thunderheads and had great success and switched to muzzy for no reason. With my muzzy's I shot a brusier buck through one shoulder blade into the other, buck took off and snapped my carbon arrow in half, found him less then 80 yards away. Then everyone was talking up rage broadheads. I never shot expandables so I wanted to give them a try. First nice buck to walk by, smack right into the shoulder, like hitting a brick wall. Yes, it was a bad shot and I don't aim for shoulders but if I remember right I had buck fever pretty bad. My nock blew out on the butt end and the rage tip was bent over 90 degress. Should have learned from the first time. Two days later I have a hot doe pass right under my stand, five minutes later a different big boy came by. He was 1/4 away hard. I put my pin right behind the rib cage and let it fly. Arrow hit it's mark and deflected up into the meat of the shoulder. The buck turned its head and ripped the arrow out of himself and continued the chase the doe. Both buck with the rages surrived, one I killed with my riffle later that year. Then I was going to go back to Muzzy's and a friend introduced me to slick tricks. They fly true 10-70 yards, shot a buck last year at 22 yards. Severed the heart, hit bone and still managed to get a pass through. I had to change the blades and that was it. I gave my rage's to another buddy who is thinking of changing too. He shot a nice buck last year broadside and dropped the animal within 20 yards with the rage. This year he has wounded a buck and a doe, both shot 1/4 away. He say's deflection, I say crappy broadheads. Either you love'em or you hate'em there is no in between with rage!!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
How about everybody just shoot what they want and leave it at that. You guys seriously sound like a bunch of little kids agruing back and forth.
Winner Winner Chicken Diner

This has become the official "Rage - Counter Rage" thread we get every Year.

Congratulations to all who contributed to this milestone.....
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BIGBUCK17
like i seriously dont think there is 1 rage thread where there have NOT been arguments on. Im not sure why yall are arguing about the rages again...when he just asked you to guess the freakin broad head that made that hole!!!!! ranger77, dude you dont have to shoot rage broadheads so im not sure you are so worked up over the fact that they work for LKNCHOPPERS. I believe that yes a slick trick or muzzy or any smaller diamiter fixed blade should penatrate better than a rage does...and that they are gonna be more durable than the rages...im not gonnna disagree to that..but obviously with his set up the rages work for him so who cares if he shoots them!!!! but guess what....i shoot a 2.5" diamiter 2 blade machanicle. and my friend and his dad shoots them to! and you know what, out of the 3 of us there is not 1 time when we have not ever had a complete pass thru!!!!! a slick trick should get better penatration then these massive things but you know what, obviously they get enough penatration to pass thru a deer so i dont care that another bh could penatrate better than the ones i shoot. and as far as that particle board test with the field point... the broadheads are gonna make a bigger hole for the rest of the arrow shaft to go thru, unlike the field point which is either the same diameter if not just a hair smaller than the diameter of the shaft, so when it is shot into the particle board there is gonna be more pressure on the shaft by the board to slow the arrow down quicker. shooting into particle board vs. shooting a deer are totally different IMO.
Holy WOW this post made more sense then the previous 100 I just went through. You guys are ridiculous... I have never seen fellow hunting brothers go so cutthroat. Ohiobowht/Ranger77/Chopper or whoever WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU LIKE. RAGE are the best!!!! Rage are horrible!!!! I LOVE Slick Tricks!!! I hate Slick Tricks!!!

Know your broadhead and how to use it and any broadhead will work. Also who cares about how much pass through ability you get. A rage may only stick 2" in the ground and the ST's might 3". WOW thats and impressive broadhead now!! Also who cares if the blades bend, it still kills extremly fast. And for those who complain about the price... How much do you pay to hunt? I dont use the Rage but I have worked in the archery world for over 4 years, never thought bow hunters would get like this.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ebieszk
holy wow this post made more sense then the previous 100 i just went through. You guys are ridiculous... I have never seen fellow hunting brothers go so cutthroat. Ohiobowht/ranger77/chopper or whoever we dont care what you like. Rage are the best!!!! Rage are horrible!!!! I love slick tricks!!! I hate slick tricks!!!

Know your broadhead and how to use it and any broadhead will work. Also who cares about how much pass through ability you get. A rage may only stick 2" in the ground and the st's might 3". Wow thats and impressive broadhead now!! Also who cares if the blades bend, it still kills extremly fast. And for those who complain about the price... How much do you pay to hunt? I dont use the rage but i have worked in the archery world for over 4 years, never thought bow hunters would get like this.
....... Amen!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a guy ask me why I did not make the change away from muzzy heads yet. My think if it ant broke don't fix it. not to much can go wrong with the fixed heads. Though each year the expandable and such draw me in closer and closer.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Brucelanthier - boy you needed to really dig to find that post. I've never denied that a wasn't part owner of Field Logic and the Rage but that was almost 4 years ago. I get ZERO. NATA, ZIPPO from Rage broadheads but I certainly do believe they are a great head and yes I will defend them.

OHbowhntr & Ranfer 77 - Just like I thought, neither one of you have shot or used the Rage but you come on here and try to sound like experts "acting" like you know what you're talking about.

Yes, I do post a lot in regards to Rage, but again it is only after guys like yourself, who have NEVER used the head try to bash them without and USE, KNOWLEDGE or CREDIBILTY on the subject.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

No digging, I remembered when you posted that after another member told us who you were. You were pretty coy about your relationship with the BH until then.

Out of curiousity, what would be your recommended minimum KE and arrow weight (grains per pound) to use with the rage BH?

For the record: I have zero problems with the rage BH as long as it is used with the right setup as LKNChoppers has suggested.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

I just read through every single post.... I feel so much dumber now. hahaha My dad bought the rage 2 blade. He shoots a crossbow and shot his first deer with them opening day in VA. A doe at 15 yards from the ground. She ran 140 yards and died. A good blood trail but nothing amazing. Of course huge entry and exit wounds but it also cut through 2 rib bones on entry like a hot knife through butter. It didn't hit and break the bones but sliced right though them.
The long and short of it is people that argue about this are little girls. If you don't like them don't use them and shut the heck up about it. If you like them then use them and shut the heck up about them. Before long we won't be alowed to talk about broadheads and will get kicked off the forum for saying the word broadhead if you idiots keep this up!