Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic) >

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Old 10-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by annika3
ost

Trust me, I'm not a paid advertiser and yes my post history has a lot of Rage on it. But f you read most of my posts, my posts come AFTER someone who has NO USE, NO KNOWLEDGE, NO CREDIBILITY on the subject of Rage and chimes in they're no good.

I do use them and tested them out extensively.

In regards to the Chuck Adams comment again stop passing the blame. With your analogy we should blame Larry Bird and Michael Jordan for making us go to McDonald's when we all know the food isn't good for us.

Are Rage 100% no fail, everybody should be using it head? NO

But NO BH is!!
As rabidly as you defend the Rages, I'd have a hard time believing you don't have SOME vested interest. Again, you're post history speaks for itself, you're either their #1, most bestest, greatest ever fan, or you have a vested interest.

I'll stick with my Slick Trick Magnums as they really have more cutting edge than a 2" Rage anyhow, as you get 2 1/4" total cut with 1 1/8 inch in 2 directions, and NO DOUBT, they are far more durable and far more likely to get good penetration even on some of those iffy shots that we don't intend on happening, but DO have to be prepared for on occasion.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
As rabidly as you defend the Rages, I'd have a hard time believing you don't have SOME vested interest. Again, you're post history speaks for itself, you're either their #1, most bestest, greatest ever fan, or you have a vested interest.

I'll stick with my Slick Trick Magnums as they really have more cutting edge than a 2" Rage anyhow, as you get 2 1/4" total cut with 1 1/8 inch in 2 directions, and NO DOUBT, they are far more durable and far more likely to get good penetration even on some of those iffy shots that we don't intend on happening, but DO have to be prepared for on occasion.
Funny, Ranger 77 never answered my simple question if he ever used Rage heads.

For that matter have you used them?

As I stated earlier, I don't beat the drum of Rage BH's unless guys come on here that have never shot the head start bashing it like they know what they are talking about.

It seems like some guys have a vested interest to come on to EVERY Rage thread and say it's junk. Why is that? Hummmmm?

Your original statement was that because the way they advertise they are no good. Again I ask "should we blame Larry Bird and Michael Jordan for making us go to McDonald's when we all know the food isn't good for us?"

Last edited by annika3; 10-14-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

If anyone has done research about becoming a rage pro staffer all it takes is a large purchase order to be on their "team." That being said any Joe blow can be a so called pro staffer. Give this guy a break he is just a bowhunter who firmly believes in a product that kills deer. On these forums I hear every bit as much hype about slick tricks as I do about rages.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Fork Horn

like i seriously dont think there is 1 rage thread where there have NOT been arguments on. Im not sure why yall are arguing about the rages again...when he just asked you to guess the freakin broad head that made that hole!!!!! ranger77, dude you dont have to shoot rage broadheads so im not sure you are so worked up over the fact that they work for LKNCHOPPERS. I believe that yes a slick trick or muzzy or any smaller diamiter fixed blade should penatrate better than a rage does...and that they are gonna be more durable than the rages...im not gonnna disagree to that..but obviously with his set up the rages work for him so who cares if he shoots them!!!! but guess what....i shoot a 2.5" diamiter 2 blade machanicle. and my friend and his dad shoots them to! and you know what, out of the 3 of us there is not 1 time when we have not ever had a complete pass thru!!!!! a slick trick should get better penatration then these massive things but you know what, obviously they get enough penatration to pass thru a deer so i dont care that another bh could penatrate better than the ones i shoot. and as far as that particle board test with the field point... the broadheads are gonna make a bigger hole for the rest of the arrow shaft to go thru, unlike the field point which is either the same diameter if not just a hair smaller than the diameter of the shaft, so when it is shot into the particle board there is gonna be more pressure on the shaft by the board to slow the arrow down quicker. shooting into particle board vs. shooting a deer are totally different IMO.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

For that matter have you used them?

Nope, don't need them, I can tune a bow!!! And I'm not gonna spend $13-14 per broadhead that would be less effective and durable than what I'm currently shooting!!! I work for my money so I like it to work for me!!!!

As I stated earlier, I don't beat the drum of Rage BH's unless guys come on here that have never shot the head start bashing it like they know what they are talking about.

BULLSHEVICK!!! Your posts are comprised about about 95% Rage defending or pushing posts..... (INCLUDING ALL OF YOUR POSTS IN THE LAST 5 MONTHS!!! http://huntingnet.com/forum/search.php?searchid=279614 Can't deny that too much, now can we????

It seems like some guys have a vested interest to come on to EVERY Rage thread and say it's junk. Why is that? Hummmmm?

Don't flatter yourself, I only stepped in when it looked like a Rage Fanboy party, as some of you FANBOYS act like Rages were sent to you from God himself or something. Truth is, I've heard of more failures from them than most other BH's in the last few years. Likely the HUNTER failed, but the hunter has a false sense of security because he heard it would "Expand his killzone...." Suckers??? Yep, but again, it's the IRRESPONSIBLE advertising of Rage that caused them to be suckers. And no this is completely different from McDonald's or any other food chain, people more readily know that BAD food is BAD for them.

Your original statement was that because the way they advertise they are no good. Again I ask "should we blame Larry Bird and Michael Jordan for making us go to McDonald's when we all know the food isn't good for us?"
It's completely different, than McDonald's, but we both know that. It's more like Oxy-Clean showing you it will take a grease stain out of a wedding dress, but when you use it, you realize it ain't quite what it was advertised as.....

The BEST value in BH's is probably what is on the end of my arrows, near as I can tell, and I've shot more than a dozen different BH's over the last 4-5 yrs.

Rage wouldn't make my top 10.......

Last edited by OHbowhntr; 10-15-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used mechanicals before, Vortex and Shockwaves to name a couple - and I quit them years ago, before the Rage heads came to the market so no, never the Rage.

I know too much now about penetration, momentum and the facts behind bowhunting now to ever use a Rage or any other gimmicky mechanical head.

ranger77, dude you dont have to shoot rage broadheads so im not sure you are so worked up over the fact that they work for LKNCHOPPERS

because there is a lie about mechanical heads that is spread thick by the manufactureres and that lie is how great these things are

they are NOT and bowhunting suffers because of all the lost deer these things cause every season

you can use a rusty old Puckett's bloodtrailer and be legal - and you can kill deer with them - that doesn't make them a good choice, and it doesn't make them a good thing for hunting does it?
Old 10-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about everybody just shoot what they want and leave it at that. You guys seriously sound like a bunch of little kids agruing back and forth.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
This may answer your question. It was posted in this thread 08/07/2009, post #124.
[/b]

I agree with you 100%

There is or should I say was a connection to Rage. As I have stated before I was part owner of Field Logic which owns the Rage. I was minority owner of the company and was bought out over 2 1/2 years ago. I was bought out without my consent, meaning I didn't want to but was forced to sell to my partner.

I helped design the head and that is why I am very passionate about the Rage. But with the way things went down for me at Field Logic I should be negative about the head but I can't because I know how well it works.

Now, with not being there for 2 1/2 years I am not sure what they have all done different or how their advertising all works. I am a true believer that a 2" rear opening head built correctly is one of the most devastating heads made.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Spike

I tried the rage this year, with great success.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about everybody just shoot what they want and leave it at that.
I shoot rusty old Satellites ... yes, i lose 7 out of 10 deer I shoot with them but its my choice, leave me alone about it. Right?

If annika3 designed the Rage, she knows its all about marketing and that the head isn't very good at penetration qualities.

truth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.