Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic) >

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Old 10-12-2010, 07:11 PM
  #61  
Nontypical Buck
 
OHbowhntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SE Ohio
Posts: 2,531
Default

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
.....

As for complaints - The truth is that there are many more people shooting Rage heads than Slick Tricks due to the marketing and availability, with this you will have more complaints. Some heads are made for more penetration like the Magnus Stinger, if you shoot less poundage those are better for that application. I don't need a head that can shoot through a piece of plywood or a concrete block. I prefer a head that makes a big hole in a whitetail and will passthru easily for me ( I have demonstrated that they work for me and none were perfect broadside shots). I'm not trying just to kill the animal, I would like an easy recovery as well.


Good Luck Hunting.
LKN,
I'll have to disagree, on the "more complaints" side. I switched over to ST's for a couple of reasons. #1. The design is almost fool proof, and the durability of a ST is phenomonal. #2. I was tired of spending $$$$ on replacement blades when I could shoot something that could be resharpened and used again, and $25 for a pack of ST, and another $10 for an extra set of blades is a HECK of a deal for BH's that I can likely kill at least 20 animal with as long as I don't loose one.


Originally Posted by annika3
Are you a BH designer?

Yeah, the work so bad the guys on tv are risking there livlihood and reputation on a piece of junk BH that loses deer?

You sound like another one of those guys who NEVER used the head but acts like they know what they're talking about.

Go waste your time someplace else and leave the Rage threads alone. You don't have the KNOWLEGDE or CREDIBILTY on the subject. That's all you have is words.
Annika (I suspect your real name is something like Richard or Robert, but whatever) ,
You're a RAGE "PUSHER" in nearly every post you've EVER made here, and you're challenging someone else's credibility??? GIMME A BREAK!!! Rages are one of the more polarized pieces of equipment on the archery industry right now, you have guys who LOVE them and would shoot their one first-born child with them for disrespecting them, and guys who wouldn't shoot them for anything because they don't like someone who they know shoots them. Fact is, if shot in the RIGHT place, they should do a good job...AS SHOULD NEARLY EVERY OTHER BH on the market. Fact is, RAGE has marketed themselves to inexperienced hunters/archers ("Expand your killzone with RAGE!!!" Likely the most irresponsible advertising campaign ever used for a bowhunting product, followed closely by the "Rage 40KE for low energy set-ups.", and the same line that ALMOST ALL mechanical BH producers use... "Flies like a Fieldpoint." ) Like it or not, there are more than a few haters out there because of these campaigns. Advocating a bowhunter with 41ft/#'s of KE using ANY mechanical BH on big game is IRRESPONSIBLE (PERIOD). Rage failures likely fall into a few categories and they are in many ways a result of the irresponsible push that Rage has used in it's advertising campaign. 1. Hunter didn't tune his bow, or really couldn't shoot very well and thought the Rage really could "expand" his killzone. 2. Hunter is shooting a low energy set-up and bought them because he wanted a 2" cut and "short" blood trail, while in reality, he didn't have enough energy to punch it through the animal, resulting in a poor blood trail, and a lost animal, either d/t lack of tracking ability or effort, not saying the animal didn't die, because there are probably a LOT more wounded and lost animals out there than we like to acknowledge. 3. A lot of guys are shooting something the believe will fly like a fieldpoint and not practicing with it, and for whatever reason, opening in flight, slight differences in aerodynamics or whatever, it doesn't really fly like a field point, yielding other than optimal results.
OHbowhntr is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 05:49 AM
  #62  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location:
Posts: 414
Default

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
LKN,
I'll have to disagree, on the "more complaints" side. I switched over to ST's for a couple of reasons. #1. The design is almost fool proof, and the durability of a ST is phenomonal. #2. I was tired of spending $$$$ on replacement blades when I could shoot something that could be resharpened and used again, and $25 for a pack of ST, and another $10 for an extra set of blades is a HECK of a deal for BH's that I can likely kill at least 20 animal with as long as I don't loose one.




Annika (I suspect your real name is something like Richard or Robert, but whatever) ,
You're a RAGE "PUSHER" in nearly every post you've EVER made here, and you're challenging someone else's credibility??? GIMME A BREAK!!! Rages are one of the more polarized pieces of equipment on the archery industry right now, you have guys who LOVE them and would shoot their one first-born child with them for disrespecting them, and guys who wouldn't shoot them for anything because they don't like someone who they know shoots them. Fact is, if shot in the RIGHT place, they should do a good job...AS SHOULD NEARLY EVERY OTHER BH on the market. Fact is, RAGE has marketed themselves to inexperienced hunters/archers ("Expand your killzone with RAGE!!!" Likely the most irresponsible advertising campaign ever used for a bowhunting product, followed closely by the "Rage 40KE for low energy set-ups.", and the same line that ALMOST ALL mechanical BH producers use... "Flies like a Fieldpoint." ) Like it or not, there are more than a few haters out there because of these campaigns. Advocating a bowhunter with 41ft/#'s of KE using ANY mechanical BH on big game is IRRESPONSIBLE (PERIOD). Rage failures likely fall into a few categories and they are in many ways a result of the irresponsible push that Rage has used in it's advertising campaign. 1. Hunter didn't tune his bow, or really couldn't shoot very well and thought the Rage really could "expand" his killzone. 2. Hunter is shooting a low energy set-up and bought them because he wanted a 2" cut and "short" blood trail, while in reality, he didn't have enough energy to punch it through the animal, resulting in a poor blood trail, and a lost animal, either d/t lack of tracking ability or effort, not saying the animal didn't die, because there are probably a LOT more wounded and lost animals out there than we like to acknowledge. 3. A lot of guys are shooting something the believe will fly like a fieldpoint and not practicing with it, and for whatever reason, opening in flight, slight differences in aerodynamics or whatever, it doesn't really fly like a field point, yielding other than optimal results.
I question someone's credibility when they come on here and spew info when they have NEVER used the product.

I have used it for 4 years and tested it out extensively so I believe I do have the credibility and knowledge to talk about it.

I'm not a big fan of their ad campaign but to blame their "Expand Your Kill Zone" slogan is like blaming fast food places for people being fat. When is anybody going to start taking responsibility for their own actions? Why do we always have to blame something else other than ourselves?

Come on man, let's stop trying to make excuses. When I started bowhunting almost 30 years ago when we lost a deer we blamed ourselves now everybody seems to need "something" (insert Rage here) to blame. We all need to look in the mirror and start there with the blame.

If you disagree with most of my thread you must come from the "Wasn't my fault era".
annika3 is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 05:56 AM
  #63  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
LKNCHOPPERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,282
Default

Rage ON!! If you shoot Rage heads with the right setup they work just fine and leave good blood trails, that is the point of my argument, not that they have they best penetration of any head available today. Rage penetration is adequate for getting the job done and leaves a gaping hole. As far as the marketing goes, I don't fall for marketing hype for any product, but I will test it for myself and draw my own conclusion. For instance, As far as marketing an Automobile producer X shows a car on a test track right...people don't buy it to race on a track or buy it to speed. Look at most commercials today, they are glorifying a product and mostly BS.

Shoot plywood, shoot barrels, now we are shooting particle board another variation of the plywood test. It shows something but not how an arrow reacts when it hits a deer. Granted the Slick Trick did well in this test, it really doesn't transfer to shooting arrow into a deer. Read the Ashby tests Ranger77 referenced, although long winded and that guy loves to hear himself speak so eloquently, they do have a lot of merit.

There is no replacement for accuracy and force.....Rage ON!!!
LKNCHOPPERS is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 06:03 AM
  #64  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
LKNCHOPPERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,282
Default

Originally Posted by annika3
I question someone's credibility when they come on here and spew info when they have NEVER used the product.

I have used it for 4 years and tested it out extensively so I believe I do have the credibility and knowledge to talk about it.

I'm not a big fan of their ad campaign but to blame their "Expand Your Kill Zone" slogan is like blaming fast food places for people being fat. When is anybody going to start taking responsibility for their own actions? Why do we always have to blame something else other than ourselves?

Come on man, let's stop trying to make excuses. When I started bowhunting almost 30 years ago when we lost a deer we blamed ourselves now everybody seems to need "something" (insert Rage here) to blame. We all need to look in the mirror and start there with the blame.

If you disagree with most of my thread you must come from the "Wasn't my fault era".


Yes, you are right in my opinion. Don't get me started on how the youth of today get trophies for mediocre performance. When I was young there was 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Now everybody gets a trophy so no one gets there fragile little feelings hurt and they don't have to step it up or excel. Welcome to America Today!




RAGE ON!!!!!
LKNCHOPPERS is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 06:28 AM
  #65  
Giant Nontypical
 
Western MA Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 7,168
Default

Bloodrunner 2 Blade if not Rage
Western MA Hunter is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 AM
  #66  
Nontypical Buck
 
OHbowhntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SE Ohio
Posts: 2,531
Default

Originally Posted by annika3
I question someone's credibility when they come on here and spew info when they have NEVER used the product.

I have used it for 4 years and tested it out extensively so I believe I do have the credibility and knowledge to talk about it.

I'm not a big fan of their ad campaign but to blame their "Expand Your Kill Zone" slogan is like blaming fast food places for people being fat. When is anybody going to start taking responsibility for their own actions? Why do we always have to blame something else other than ourselves? Well not exactly, many people see Chuck Adams and whomever else is pushing this product, and without any hesitation go and buy them. A credible PH like Chuck Adams could sway the many hunters to using a product because of his outlandish success. But alas, what may work well for him, isn't necessarily going to work well for another guy. If RAGE were to advertise that their BH's worked best for HIGH ENERGY set-ups, and maybe they even make a FIXED blade head and recommend that hunters shooting lower #-age use their fixed head rather than the expandables, I'd gain a LOT of respect for them. As it is, I'm on the side that doesn't particularly care for them because they market very irresponsibly.

Come on man, let's stop trying to make excuses. When I started bowhunting almost 30 years ago when we lost a deer we blamed ourselves now everybody seems to need "something" (insert Rage here) to blame. We all need to look in the mirror and start there with the blame.

If you disagree with most of my thread you must come from the "Wasn't my fault era".
And trust me, I'm certainly NOT for the "not my fault era." I'm veteran proud, have worked construction, tree service used to rebuild my own cars, etc, and I'll readily own up to my failures and successes alike because that's the way I was raised. I disagree with you because you sound like a paid advertiser for a product despite it's short-comings. Your post history speaks for itself.....
OHbowhntr is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 09:44 AM
  #67  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location:
Posts: 414
Default

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
And trust me, I'm certainly NOT for the "not my fault era." I'm veteran proud, have worked construction, tree service used to rebuild my own cars, etc, and I'll readily own up to my failures and successes alike because that's the way I was raised. I disagree with you because you sound like a paid advertiser for a product despite it's short-comings. Your post history speaks for itself.....
ost

Trust me, I'm not a paid advertiser and yes my post history has a lot of Rage on it. But f you read most of my posts, my posts come AFTER someone who has NO USE, NO KNOWLEDGE, NO CREDIBILITY on the subject of Rage and chimes in they're no good.

I do use them and tested them out extensively.

In regards to the Chuck Adams comment again stop passing the blame. With your analogy we should blame Larry Bird and Michael Jordan for making us go to McDonald's when we all know the food isn't good for us.

Are Rage 100% no fail, everybody should be using it head? NO

But NO BH is!!
annika3 is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 07:47 PM
  #68  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,722
Default

bigbulls

Impressive - I bet a Rage wouldn't make it through the plywood at all - and blades would break in the process !

I'm shooting the Razortricks this year - have you tested them?



Anybody shooting a Rage does so knowing they have a broadhead that can fail at anytime and haev really poor penetraing qualities.

Message boards light up with Rage lost deer every year about this time - and its not a coincidence either.

Great marketing, money maker for someone, thousands of deer lost because of them too
Ranger77 is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 PM
  #69  
Spike
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 33
Default Rage

You guys need to spend more time in the woods and less time arguing about broadheads.
smacky is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:30 PM
  #70  
Boone & Crockett
 
bigbulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,679
Default

I'm shooting the Razortricks this year - have you tested them?
I have not tested the RT's. A coworker is using them this year though out of his Elite Z28. He is getting perfect flight with them just as he should. Hopefully he will get a shot or three and show me the results.

I did shoot one of those Trufire switchblades through the particle board and it completely came to pieces with nothing left to show other than the threads...... but there was no doubt that it would explode.


You guys need to spend more time in the woods and less time arguing about broadheads.
If I were in the woods right now I would be poaching. Our season does not start until Saturday, 10-16. It drives me nuts every year looking at the buck kills and stories knowing I still gotta wait another month.

Last edited by bigbulls; 10-13-2010 at 08:33 PM.
bigbulls is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.