Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic) >

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Old 10-12-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the rage doesn't have penetration issues, when compared to good COC fixed, then why does everyone talk about the great entry holes they get with Rage, instead why doesn't everyone brag about the great exit holes. Hell, even the Rage commercials talk about the amazing entry holes with zero mention of exits. Hmmm..even the manufactures no that they don't exit very often.
A guy only has to watch one or two hunting shows to see Rage in action, and they rarely get exits, matter of fact, ya see some very poor entry penetration often times. Go figure. They all must not be shootnig 260fps, what ever that has to do with any thing. In other words, it takes more than fps to achieve good penetration.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZRzBYuBIc4

Rage are horrible at penetration - proven in the above video.

will they kill a deer? sure - a field point will too, and an old Puckett's with rusty blades will too .... neither are good choices though
Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw your little comparison video. Very interesting but shooting plywood and steel drums really doesn't mean anything. I never said Slick Tricks were not tough well built heads. I'm sure you were upset the Rage didn't fall apart when it was shot into the wood.

Comparing Rage to Pucketts with rusty blades again.

Most of the other expandable broadheads are "Over The Top" opening. Really exaggerating doesn't help. I have had huge entrance and exit wounds with great blood trails with the Rage. I have had mixed results with Slick Tricks. Below is a picture of a Rage 2 Blade entrance hole and the exit hole measured 3 inches. RAGE ON!!
Attached Thumbnails Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)-2bladeragecut.jpg  

Last edited by LKNCHOPPERS; 10-12-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Comparing Rage to Pucketts with rusty blades again. Most of the other expandable broadheads are "Over The Top" opening. Really exaggerating doesn't help. I have had huge entrance and exit wounds with great blood trails with the Rage. I have had mixed results with Slick Tricks. RAGE ON!!
Rage!! Helping gut shot hunters get more deer! That should be there new slogan!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Hey if your shooting 70lbs, they are great. Maybe less than that if you have a alot of ke. You can't argue with that hole they put in the deer. But i want two holes not one....
Old 10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Rage!! Helping gut shot hunters get more deer! That should be there new slogan!!!
I'm showing you guys proof how they work, think what you want, keep shooting what you want. Good Luck this Season.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

I'm starting to think they call them "Rage" because they cause so many people to get stupid at the very mention of the name. This was fun reading, though!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting but shooting plywood and steel drums really doesn't mean anything.
when you see the results, when obviously one blows through and the other doesn't and you don't think it means anything?

end of debate right there, because when reason and logic is tossed aside, you can't do anything at that point guys
Old 10-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Judging from your signature, I would guess Rage 2 Blade...just a hunch.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

But Mark Drury said they have excellent penetration? Did he lie to me???? I don't think he'd do that. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.