Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic) >

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)

Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
One of these???????

I'm thinkin the short staff one
Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

It was caused by your knife and you are just messing with us.....
Almost looks too big for a rage but that would be my guess other than the spear.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL it looks like the older Bear 2 Blade that made the hole..LOL I shot one that looked quite close to that. The inserts in the blade made the other cuts in it. What ever it is, it is surely made by a 2 blade and I am sticking to my guess because the other cuts are made by inserts..
Old 10-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

bloodrunner?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Spike

i would also guess 2 blade nap bloodrunner
Old 10-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well are you going to let us know what made that hole?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, thanks to all that replied. It was a Rage 2 Blade. For those that asked, the shot was at 10 yards at a fairly steep angle downward quartering away. It was a passthru and left a very good blood trail as usual. Entrance and exit wounds were huge. To the guy that said I better not hit a bone, I have blown through several ribs for a passthru with this head on big deer before. If you are hitting big bones like shoulder bones you are aiming in the wrong place. If your setup produces enough energy and momentum, it is hard to beat these heads for leaving a good blood trail and getting a passthru.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are hitting big bones like shoulder bones you are aiming in the wrong place.
nobody aims for shoulder bones, c'mon you know that, and you also know its common to hit them

If your setup produces enough energy and momentum, it is hard to beat these heads for leaving a good blood trail and getting a passthru.

its actually EASY to beat these heads, just (A) use a broadhead that cannot fail to open and (B) has much better penetration qualities

I submit any broadhead you would have shot with that hit you made would have resulted in very similar results.

I also submit you could have used a dull and rusty bladed Puckett's Bloodtrailer and killed the deer just as dead too ... I don't reccommend that, but it would have gotten the job done.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

I won't jump into the "To Rage or not to Rage" argument, but that is one dam fine shot on that deer.

Congrats!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Spike

I will say that I was leary of the Rage but I bought a pack last week and killed my first deer with it Saturday at 20 yards. I am sold I dropped the deer in its tracks and I would have gotten a pass through if it had not been for the tree behind the deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.