Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
probably gonna regret my desicion >

probably gonna regret my desicion

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

probably gonna regret my desicion

Old 10-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default probably gonna regret my desicion

went out yesterday evening to my spot where i have been getting an absolute pig on camera. sat from 3-dark and right at dark a really nice 8 point.. i estmated around 20 inches wide.. but had small tines (3-4 inch) walked under me.. i passed him i just hope it doesnt come back to bite me.. would have been my biggest deer to date.. but oh well..

hope every1 is havin fun in the woods
Old 10-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

You can't shoot the big ones if you tag out on one thats not on the hit list
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant dwell on the decision now. obviously you didnt want to shoot that buck, and you WANT the other buck and thats why you made the decision at the time. hopefully you will get a shot at the big one and know you made the right choice when in the moment. good luck
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
You can't shoot the big ones if you tag out on one thats not on the hit list
It's tought sometimes to bite the bullet and hold off. My buddy's are always saying I'm crazy because I've let some 120-130 inch deer walk the past few years.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its better to regret not taking the shot than taking a poor shot and regretting that.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

haha.. funny end to this story.. i went to a new spot to give mine a rest.. and i shot a pig of a deer.. no the 1 i was after but the show he put on was worth letting the other 1 live till next year.. he would have been a typical 12 point.. but his 1 side was messed up and broke before the brow tine.. but he came in to light rattling tonight like a freight train.. ears back.. snort wheezin ripping up every tree he could find. he charged a button buck under my stand and i i just knew.. like the deer spoke to me.. that i wanted him.. hes the biggest bodied deer ive ever seen or harvested.. we put a scale to him tonight and he weighed 245 dressed.. im 6'3 and hes longer than me.. just a pig of an animal.. pics will be posted on my other post when i get good light tomorrow..