HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Wife's First Deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/331411-wifes-first-deer.html)

blacktail slayer 10-07-2010 04:43 PM

Wife's First Deer

Well my wife finally decided to hunt for her first year after going out with me on numerous hunting and scouting trips over the years. She got a BowTech Equalizer with a Spot-Hogg Real Deal 1 1/2 years ago to start shooting with me.

It has always been great to spend time out in the woods with my wife and I have to say this was the highlight of my archery season this year. I spent the summer trying to find the best location with the most deer activity for tree stands since she didn't care if her first animal was a doe or a buck. We saw four deer from the stand in three hours and she finally had a clear broadside shot at 20 yds on this blacktail doe.

I feel extremely lucky to have such a great wife that likes the outdoors whether it is camping, backpacking, scouting, and now hunting. Next year she is going to try elk hunting and I can not wait. Good luck to everyone rifle hunting right now.

Marci out helping me hunt elk.

sconnyhunter 10-07-2010 04:45 PM

Congratulations, that there is what make memories, for both of you.

Damon 10-07-2010 05:15 PM

AWESOME Job to the Wife! One can tell by the look on her face it wont be her last one!!! Again, congrats!

Lady Forge 10-07-2010 05:57 PM

Thats wonderful and a great pic.... Tell her Congrats for me!!!!!!! That Equalizer is a very nice bow, I think I have owned 3 of them.
Cant wait to see what she gets next:biggrin:

SuperRedHawk 10-07-2010 06:00 PM

That is so cool, congrats to both of you! :woot:

*twodogs* 10-07-2010 06:46 PM

You are lucky, congrats to both of you. I wish I could get my wife involved with hunting but it's not for her. Great job, best of luck making more memories together.

AK NIMROD 10-07-2010 07:00 PM

congrats, wtg

Jeffro_17 10-07-2010 09:13 PM

Congrats, that's cool that your wife hunts with you. Good luck the rest of the year.

V8Ranger 10-08-2010 01:09 AM

Congrats to her on her first deer.... Thats AWESOME!!!! That should be some tender vitals right there... my wife gun hunts, but hasn't got a deer yet... she cant hunt this year. With work and school, she has way to much to do. So she had to take this year off....

YooperMike 10-08-2010 04:15 AM

Congrats to your wife! When my wife got her first, I was more excited than she was I think! We were hunting maybe 100 yards apart, and the buck came by, and she got super excited, and I heard the bleat to stop the buck. Then a few seconds later, my phone was vibrating. the first thing she said was "I think I bleated a little loud!" and I was like "yeah, perhaps!"

Good luck to both of you on future hunts. Those trips are going to be some of your most memorable.