Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2 Blade vs. 3 Blade Rage..... >

2 Blade vs. 3 Blade Rage.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Blade vs. 3 Blade Rage.....

Old 10-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2 Blade vs. 3 Blade Rage.....

Ok I'm the first to admit, I was skeptical about the 2 blade Rage when they first came out. I bought a pack of 100 gr. and was hooked on them after the first deer I shot. I have shot many deer with them since the first pack and will never go to anything else (or at least in my lifetime). One of my hunting partners however, bought the newer 3 blade Rage in 100 gr. He put it to the test last night smashing a beautiful doe at 21 yds. He lung/livered her and she only went maybe 50-60 yds. What I was disappointed with however was there was hardly any blood trail! It took us a good 20 min to find her (granted it was in the dark with flashlights) piled up against a couple of oaks. Has anybody else had this problem with a lighter blood trail with the 3 blade. Because I know personally that the 2 blade is like a fire hose when I've made my shot. All comments and posts are greatly appreciated.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Im using the three blade this year, but I have not had the chance to try them out. Hopeully I can give you some info soon. Lol....... I would like to hear what others say though. I hope I didnt make a mistake by going with the three blade.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Ya know my guess is I'm gonna hear it's all about shot placement (obviously it is) but he made a perfect shot IMO complete pass through soaked arrow. It will be interesting I agree to see what others have to say.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Personally I wouldn't use the 3 blade... Had too many guys come into the shop I used to work at till my daugher was born, talking about them not opening fully. From personal experience, I helped my sister in laws brother find a nice buck he blasted from a 70# Mathews at 10 yards. Was a good shot but didn't have pass through. We only found one spot of blood. Had to search for him, ended up finding him but not from following blood trail.

I love my 2-Blades and keep a close eye on my o-rings and have not a problem with them and this is the 3rd season using em and have taken multiple deer a year with them. This year is on track to be the same...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Spike

I use the 3 blades. Took a deer this past Sunday, about a 35 yard shot. Complete pass through. Pretty sure caught both lungs. Found the arrow, and lots of blood by the arrow. Followed the path the deer ran and picked up the blood trail about 10 yards from where I hit him. Pretty easy to follow blood trail, about 5 minutes and forty yards I found him piled up.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

You need to understand that sometimes the best shots will leave little blood. It's unexplainable but it happens.