Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need help/opinion. please read >

Need help/opinion. please read

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help/opinion. please read

Old 10-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Spike

Default Need help/opinion. please read

hey i need some help. i took my diamond rock to gander mountain yesterday where i purchased it last year to have a plastic piece replaced and a new qad drop away rest installed. im still new to bow hunting and am not comfortable doing to much work on my bow yet and being that its one year old didnt want to waste money. i took it to the guy working and he put the bow in the bow vice thing and i heard a little crack and he proceeds to tell me that my limb is split. hes asks me if i heard anything while shooting it and if i had shot it this year. the only noise i heard was when he was putting it into the vice and i know the bow limb wasnt split before taking it in. now im waiting on a call from them after they call out to bowtech. the limbs are still under warranty being that its a year old and they said it typically takes 2-4 weeks for them to get it in a get the limbs replaced. im upset that i dont have a bow and its deer season. what are your guys opinions of this? am i wrong for being upset? ive waited all year for the next 6 weeks to happen and its here and i am unable to hunt. ive put in alot of time and now i feel like im getting screwed. i dont feel comfortable with a bow press and thats why when i have questions with stuff i take it to where its supposed to be fixed and now im out my bow. Im worried they are going to make me pay for replacing the limbs when i clearly am not at fault for it breaking. its only a year old this should not have happened. i just would like for some opinions on what you think i should do and am i wrong for being mad? sorry this was a very long post.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

I think I would have went to the manager. That is not acceptable.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Definately find the manager. Make them give you a replacement until you get yours back. It was their fault, not yours.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jklink
Definately find the manager. Make them give you a replacement until you get yours back. It was their fault, not yours.
x2. Do you have a local pro shop you can take the bow to instead of the big box stores? I would never put my bow in the trust of the workers at Gander or BPS. I am sure there are a few techs that are really good but my opinion is there are more wanna be's working behind those counters, for that reason, it is a local pro shop if I need a bow pressed.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they where at fault, I wouldn't have walked out of there without a bow. THEY broke it. I know accidents happen, but its bow season and this is when you need it, not 4 weeks later.... You have every right to be very upset. I wouldn't have left there without a bow in hand thats for sure.... Be persistent, I would make them call the bow company and over night the new parts, and they can eat the shipping.... They broke it, they can fix it....period
Old 10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Spike

so i got off the phone with them and they say they are waiting on a call back from diamond. story changed a couple times where they said they are going to ship the limbs out and hopefully have them by thurs or fri but then said they are still waiting to here from them. and the store manager was unavailable and has tom off and he wont be in again til thurs. i told them i needed a bow and it was ridic that i walked in with a perfectly fine bow and now 3 days later am still waiting on a bow to use.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ever been to an archery shop and read a sign that says if you dry-fire a bow, you bought it? I think it should go both ways. At the very least they should have offered to loan you a bow. When you get this worked out I'm not sure I would shop there again, what-with the poor customer service they have demonstrated.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a load of crap man!!! If my bow went into the store in working order and they broke it, O man would I have come un-glued! I would never shop at Gander Mtn. again man! Not for archery stuff any way. This is a good time and a perfectly good reason to start learning how to service your bow. If you run into questions or problems there are a ton of guys on here that can answer your questions.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

I'd let them know that if you don't have a bow to hunt with this weekend, you're calling the regional manager. I'd also let them know that you have a bunch of bow hunters on this forum waiting to see if Gander Mountain will make it right.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a redhead Kronik last year from Bass Pro. I noticed that the bottom limb was cracking about a month and a half ago. Went to Bass Pro and showed them and they replaced the bow right then and there. That is customer service. Gander Mountain should replace that bow whether they broke it or not if it is less than a year old. You should definitely go back (with your receipt) and talk to the manager and dont leave there without a working bow. If he gives you a problem call the district manager right then and there. I bet money you will be taken are of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.