Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Thanks for everyones input.  HUNTERS are great!! >

Thanks for everyones input. HUNTERS are great!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks for everyones input. HUNTERS are great!!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

For a hunting product or call, if you will, that seems a little steep to me. I buy alot of expensive hunting products, but (just my opinion) i wouldnt pay 80.00 for rattling antlers. Nice product and webdite though!! i hope you do well with this because its a great idea, especially for those who cant get their hands on their own. I just think you would sell more if the cost was lower, maybe half that.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

To me it would be a little too high. Do you find enough sheds to run a business?
Old 10-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

I think your website is very nice. I dont mean to shut ya down or anything but the truth of it is that most people that hunt either hunt sheds as well or have antlers laying around. possibly not that big but nonetheless they will use them before they spend 80 dollars. I think 30 dollars would be a fair price but I think even with that you will have a small market but i wish u the best of luck
Old 10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

hey deer bobby

as far as your website goes.. its very educational , but as per your request.. i spend 100s of dollars a year on hunting gear.. whether it be the new calls,scents, and what not. at nearly 80$ a set i find it steep, but you cant put a price on authentic antlers.. i know from personal experience that i rattled at a buck last season with the primos rattling horns with no results.. and i used real antlers the next day and he came right in with in minutes. so i think that your niche market has alot of potential. with the economy as it is i would personally second guess spending that kinda of money on rattling antlers when i could use a scrap set from previous deer, but i having a nice heavy set to really bang together is very enticing
Old 10-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Spike

Default Hunters are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone and their input. It has been very helpful. It's great to see outdoorsmen/women stick together and more important it's great that hunters are honest with each other.

Please keep the feedback coming...it's helping our company out tremendously.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

get idea, get product, ok price for what it is, just question the demand. Though I think you have a idea going. I find it odd to think anyone would pay 150 for a set of antlers. I have been to shops that have dozens of sets sitting on the shelfs, small and big.

I think you can sell them, just keep cost down and overhead low. I would think most hunters would let go of their found sheds cheap.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Website is really cool, to me $79 is alittle high but not when you look at the price of antlers on ebay.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

deer bobby, website looks very nice, easy to navigate and can find all information easily so job well done on that! also i would say 80 is a little steep for rattleing antlers. i think if you lowered the price to more like 44.99-59.99 you will sell alot more. not sure how you are getting the sheds tho but from the pictures you have mounds of sheds laying around. and by having that many im not sure what the cost is to find/get that many sheds however you get them. and i do see that you have a warehouse that you might have to pay for... not sure if you have any employees. if there was anyway you could tell us about how much the minimum price you would have to sell them for to stay in business would be then maybe we could give you like a better estimate on how much to sell them for. but for right now im going to stick with what i said. but the business looks great and i think you have a great idea. I hope your business works out for you and you have great success with it!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

I checked out your website it looks real good. I noticed you are from Romeo Mi, I hunt there and live in Armada. I know a bunch of hunters in that area. I would be happy to try and spread the word of your business. As far as price i would try and go alittle lower . But I wouldn't say your too far off with the price. If you go to a store plastic antlers are around twenty dollars. Especially in our area its hard to find a good set of antlers to rattle with. Best of luck to your business!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a suggestion, how about setting a price per inch? $0.30 120-135, $0.40 136-150, $0.50 151+ Just a suggestion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.