Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oct 2nd w/pics

Old 10-03-2010, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Oct 2nd w/pics

Got out to my stand at about 4:45pm with a straight north wind 4-6mph. Because I was running late I had to enter the North side of the property knowing that it would be wrong because the wind was at my back. Im a scent freak with my cloths and I sprayed down extra good so I went for it. I slowly made it to my stand thinking that I pushed everything out of there. At 5:33pm I had a very nice 10 pt come in 8yrds and make a little scrape. I have about 5min of video on my phone and some trail pics of this buck with a much larger one. He went over the ridge twenty min after that and started sparing with another buck that I only got a glimps of. At 6:07 pm I had two smaller bucks crash out of the corn field 80 yards behind me and start to spar by the pond. After that the woods came alive. I could hear deer running in and out of the corn, into the woods, back into the corn, but could not see any of them. Times like last night is the reason this sport is so passionate!! Even though it worked entering the woods with the wind at my back, I got very lucky and don't advise anyone to do it. Good luck everyone! Sorry about the pic it was with my phone. Pic doesn't do it justice!!
Attached Thumbnails Oct 2nd w/pics-oct-2nd.jpg  

Last edited by stabnslab_WI; 10-03-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

You looking for something bigger or what? Sounds like a pretty exciting night.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda...im in the area where I have spotted some big bucks during pre-season. I would like him to live another year or two. And my neighbor is a bowhunting freak so if he will stay in the area, he has a good chance to live. I have been seeing some big scrapes and the one he made last night was a dinky one. So it leads me to believe that he isn't the big boy.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

Thats a nice buck, i hope you get the big boy! I've been out duck hunting the last 2 weekends for the openers here in wisco... it'll be nice getting back in the woods for deer.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck ya got there, sweet pic too. Best of luck on gettin' the big ol' bad boy(s)!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have struggled holding off on that one. But since you have evidence of a bigger one, that would make it easier. Early in the season for you yet also. Good luck, hope that bigger one shows up now that you passed on a different big one....
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

That hunt is what bowhunting is all about, a very successful night and you didn't even have to fling an arrow. There isn't a drug made that can match the feeling of a hunt like that!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
That hunt is what bowhunting is all about, a very successful night and you didn't even have to fling an arrow. There isn't a drug made that can match the feeling of a hunt like that!
Couldn't agree with you more. That feeling is something you can't explain to someone that doesn't feel it for themselves. I told my father the story and he was just as pumped as me because he has felt that many times. He normally only hunts the rut but when I stopped at the house, I seen he got his clothes out ready to go. I miss the long walk to the house talking about what we seen after the hunt. To me that is more important then calling him to track a deer