Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First archery Kill! >

First archery Kill!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First archery Kill!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First archery Kill!

I got in the stand this mornen at about 6:15, it was real calm chilly just a real good morning. I didn't hear a deer until about 8:30 I heard a doe blowing over a hill at my dad. At 9:30 I heard a deer about 60 yard's behind me in the wood's blowing. I checked my wind and it was in my favor so I just stayed still. About 10 minute's later I looked to my left in the wood's and saw a deer trotting towards the field I was in. I noticed she was alert so I drew my bow slowly when she was behind a tree. She stepped out into the field and stopped I re judged my yardage and guessed her at about 35 yard's. I released the arrow and watched it hit her. She took off running, about 1 minute after i shot her a yearling came about 5 feet from my stand. I waited for dad and we got down and looked, we found her piled up 100 yard's from where she was hit. She was hit perfect behind the shoulder, I'm shooting 1 inch cutting dimater broad head's and I didnt find blood till the last 10 yard's of her run? Anyway I am tickled to have her. We've got some meat in a cooler hopefully tommrow we can eat us some goooood deer
BTW first bow deer, 35 yard shot, 2nd day of Arkansas bow season

Old 10-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome! beautiful doe, congrats on your first bow deer!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go!!!! congratulations!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Spike

That's a damned fine shot especially for 35 yrds you sniper you!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

I got my first one with a bow this year too man, cept mine was luckily a crotch horn! haha, anyways, beautiful shot! Congrats man, gotta love the feelin' eh?
Old 10-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Spike

Congrats!!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tim1979
That's a damned fine shot especially for 35 yrds you sniper you!
thank ya, I surprised myself walked up on the deer and was like " Whoa thats actually where i was aiming" lol
Old 10-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
I got my first one with a bow this year too man, cept mine was luckily a crotch horn! haha, anyways, beautiful shot! Congrats man, gotta love the feelin' eh?
thanks, and oh yeah if it wasnt for my safety harness I'da been on a 18 foot free fall lol, soon as she disappeared im pretty sure my dad hurd me on top of the hill he was prolly thinken "Crazy lunatic"
Old 10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunting Kuk
thanks, and oh yeah if it wasnt for my safety harness I'da been on a 18 foot free fall lol, soon as she disappeared im pretty sure my dad hurd me on top of the hill he was prolly thinken "Crazy lunatic"

Dont ever loose that feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the fine Doe and Great Shot!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job. Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.