Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Awesome Morning Hunt in Southwestern, Pennsylvania >

Awesome Morning Hunt in Southwestern, Pennsylvania

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Awesome Morning Hunt in Southwestern, Pennsylvania

Old 10-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Awesome Morning Hunt in Southwestern, Pennsylvania

Hunting this morning in Greene County, Pennsylvania and couldn't have asked for a better morning to hunt. Got into my treestand @ approx. 5:45am, weather was perfect, about 44 degrees and no wind. Had 3 does come by @ 7:50am and @ 8:40am had (2) bucks (6pt. & 8pt.) come right underneath my stand. The 8 pointer was definately a shooter buck but not the nice one I had on my trail camera earlier, so I chose to let him live for another few weeks. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

I agree it was a great morning in Eastern VA also. Clear skies, mid 40's and amazing to watch the woods wake up.

took a few minutes to get my crap straight this opening morning but nothing major.

Had a hen come in and do some yelping, about 30 minutes later 3 more hens and a big ole Tom was running around about 30 - 40 yards. Just as they snuck back into the woods two doe came out and bedded down about 50 yards from me.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great hunt. No luck for me in south central pa. But the day isn't over yet!!

Ryan.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

I was hunting in Greene County too. Was an excellent morning, I just didn't see anything
Old 10-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by snake123
I was hunting in Greene County too. Was an excellent morning, I just didn't see anything
What part of Greene County? I'm hunting near Mt. Morris
Old 10-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

I agree, one of the better 1st days that I have had. Not just for seeing deer though, mostly because of the weather. Nice and cool in the morning and the evening cooled down quick. I did see 9 deer so that made the day even better. I seen one buck, the rest were doe's. I could have shot the one doe very easily but decided to let walk. She had three fawns with her. I must be getting soft!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

The same place kinda. Out by Gerards Fort. I haven't hunted this area long so I'm still kinda tryin to learn where to go
Old 10-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by snake123
The same place kinda. Out by Gerards Fort. I haven't hunted this area long so I'm still kinda tryin to learn where to go
Are you hunting the game lands by Gerard's Fort or private property. There are some nice deer in that area and not alot of hunting pressure during archery season.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by razor6570
I agree, one of the better 1st days that I have had. Not just for seeing deer though, mostly because of the weather. Nice and cool in the morning and the evening cooled down quick. I did see 9 deer so that made the day even better. I seen one buck, the rest were doe's. I could have shot the one doe very easily but decided to let walk. She had three fawns with her. I must be getting soft!!!
Remember, it takes does to make bucks....lol
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had the same weather here, I should have been out there this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.