Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kinda bothered

Old 10-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

So, is it part of the land that you lease or not?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The next time that you talk to the landlord, I would casually ask if they are still baiting because you want to stay at least 200 yards away from them as to not get busted. Also possibly ask if that is the only area they are baiting. This will confirm if the landowner knows it is illegal and let him know of your disapproval in a not confrontational way. Whatever you do, stay clear of the area.

In 2007, my then landowner dumped a huge pile of apples near a stand of mine two weeks before the season, thinking he was helping me. I removed them, and then waited the 30 days before hunting it. I've said it before, I love this game too much to lose my ticket to it.

Good luck in whatever you do.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

It sounds like your landlord is just letting you hunt. If you are not paying him any extra to hunt there you should feel lucky to have a free place to hunt or a place to hunt period. Seriously some people don’t appreciate what they have!

If you are paying extra or for hunting rights then you have a legitimate gripe.

It sounds like you are just getting to hunt on someone else’s property for free though. If he lets someone else hunt there also then too bad. You don’t own the land and should appreciate the chance to hunt and do as he wishes. It was crappy to put a blind in your spot. But it’s also crappy to walk through the area when you know they were there!!!! I see nothing wrong with asking you to steer clear if you see their truck.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Not the point at all. He said he doesn't care about any of the stuff you pointed out.

" The baiting at the location is illegal in PA, which is where he is hunting"

That is his problem. I would say something to the landowner and hopefully you have a backup spot incase he says your not welcome to hunt it anymore. If that would be the case, I think the warden would have to find out about it. Like someone else said, you may want to start looking for a new place also.

Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
It sounds like your landlord is just letting you hunt. If you are not paying him any extra to hunt there you should feel lucky to have a free place to hunt or a place to hunt period. Seriously some people don’t appreciate what they have!

If you are paying extra or for hunting rights then you have a legitimate gripe.

It sounds like you are just getting to hunt on someone else’s property for free though. If he lets someone else hunt there also then too bad. You don’t own the land and should appreciate the chance to hunt and do as he wishes. It was crappy to put a blind in your spot. But it’s also crappy to walk through the area when you know they were there!!!! I see nothing wrong with asking you to steer clear if you see their truck.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MasterBlaster

Relax. Who says he knew they were there. He walked out that way to get back to the house. If his truck wasn't in the drive when he went out to the stand in the dark then he would not know they were hunting......... If you don't tell the landlord they are doing illegal things on the property then its your fault. The season started now so you can't prove a thing so I guess you just gotta "deal with it" now. You should have said something on the baiting. You came on here asking for adivce and you were given ideas but then you didn't do anythign about it. Kind of pointless to ask for advice if you knew you werent going to do anythign about it in the first place. Good luck hunting.