Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kinda bothered

Old 10-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Kinda bothered

A few weeks ago my landlord, who lives next door, saw me coming out from behind the house from checking my camera. We exchanged the normal hello and such and asked me if I had seen anything. I told him that I had but nothing that I would really want to shoot. He asked me where I had my camera and I replied not thinking anything of it. The other night I spoke with him again and he advised me that a friend of his was bringing his 8 year old son out and going to be putting up a blind on the property. Today, I found out exactly where his friend had placed the blind. The same place where I had my camera and seen a few small bucks. Don't get me wrong, its not my property so I can't really bitch, and the deer I saw are nothing I would take. However, when I went back to hang my stand tonight, I saw the blind. It's set exactly where I figured he would be and theres shelled corn ALLLL around the blind. And of course, baiting is illegal in PA prior to 30 days of hunting and area. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about a young kid taking a desent deer. But baiting them where its not legal, well, thats another story.

Last edited by snake123; 10-03-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that kinda puts you in a spot!!! If it were me, I'd talk to my landlord and explain that you don't have a problem with where they put the blind or the kid hunting or anything like that but baiting is illegal and it isn't setting a good example to the kid. You def don't want to get on his bad side but you also don't want to let this continue. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Don't let anyone tell you what to do on here, dude. They wouldn't do half the crap they say if they were in your shoes. You just do what you think is best.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

that was an a** hole move by him but yea you really dont have any say in where he hunts. but he could have at least asked you if he could take the kid huntin in the area where youve been putting time and effort into scouting it out. im not gonna tell you how to handle the situation but one thing is i would definitely not be hunting anywhere near that corn until it is completely gone. wouldnt want to get busted for baiting and your not even the one doing it.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bull, turn the baiter in. Let him deal with the law, if he want to break it, he can deal with the consequences as well. What your landlord did was low.

That being said, your the one who has to make the decision, and act on it.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

A few weeks ago my landlord, who lives next door, saw me coming out from behind the house from checking my camera.
Is the property that you have your camera on part of the property that your lease or not?

If it is property that you lease he is trespassing and breaking the law in most every state I know of and you have every right to ask him to remove the blind and have the right to not allow the other people to hunt behind your house.

Most states, except in emergencies, require the land lord to give you 24 hours notice before they can enter the property for inspection or repairs.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Typical Buck

Somebody, better say something to the guy, warden or who ever. What is this man teaching the kid? Hang a sign in the or on the blind so they see it when the go to hunt it. Breaking the law is simply that, pretty black and white
Old 10-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

better find a new home BEFORE you start throwin a fuss....just sayin!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cant get evicted if he's got a signed lease. Might have to deal with some crap though from the landlord.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted about 200-300 yards away from this area Saturday which was openin day. However, I did walk by this area on my way back to the house at about 1030 a.m instead of takin a 2 mile detour. I saw people in the blind but quietly went by not bothering anyone.
Tonight, I spoke with the landlord. I was told to hunt whereever I wanted, but also politely advised to steer clear of that area when this guys truck was in his driveway. I'm done with it. Not even worth the hassel to deal with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.