Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Bow Kill

Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default First Bow Kill

Got my first bow kill tonight, boy what a rush that is. Now I know why people say once ya get one with a bow you won't want to use a rifle haha, Anyways, about 30 minutes before dark I hear crunch crunch crunch right behind me. I turn real slow to see what it is....AH! just a little fawn, but oh well, still some action to watch for a little bit. About twenty seconds later i hear crunch crunch crunch from the same spot...here comes mamma! They slowly feed their way infront of me. All of a sudden as i'm watching them they turn and seem to be looking right at me. I didn't move, make noise, anything...just thought they caught wind of me ya know? So they run off...but, I was wrong..from the same spot they came out here comes a nice little crotch horn. There was no hesitation, I'm about to go for my first bow kill. As I start thinking that my heart just starts racing haha. Anyways, i give him about 5 minutes to slowly feed and move out infront of me to a comfortable location for a shot. finally, he gets 18 yards out, quartering away, head down and slowly walking. I give a little noise to stop him, perfect. There he is...18 yards, still quartering away and completely stopped. Here goes nothing, I let the release go and send my Easton xx75 with a thunderhead broadhead his way. THWACK! clean pass through, both lungs. Instantly I'm shaking and just praying that he'll go down...he runs about 40 yards and DOWN HE GOES! My first kill with a bow, most rush i've ever had in the woods. I'm now a bowhunter for life. Pics will be up tomorrow! Goodluck everyone else!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome story, cant wait to see the pics! I know last year I got my 1st ever bow kill, it was splendid to think bout
Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Damon
Awesome story, cant wait to see the pics! I know last year I got my 1st ever bow kill, it was splendid to think bout
thank ya, I know, I can't stop thnking about it. haha
Old 09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats I'm happy that your hooked now. Reading this story brought back a lot of good memories. Hope you have good luck rest of the season!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Spike

Congrats!!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Spike

Congrats. It's a good feel for the first bow kill...
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome, I can still remember my first bow kill. It was a fork horn as well. Congrats
Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

HWH-Great story, took me back to my first bow kill. Congrats.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, it was a time I will never forget and I'm proud to have brought some of you back to your first bow kill. I still keep thinking about it and replaying it in my mind haha :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.