Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Favorite Mathews?? >

Favorite Mathews??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Mathews??

Old 09-28-2010, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Favorite Mathews??

As some now know, my Mathews Q2 blew a limb. I returned to the shop for warranty and it got me looking at some new products. However, they also had a few used Mathews that were traded in for the new season and the prices are pretty good. Having been out of the market for awhile, was wondering if there was a particular model that was considered a favorite amoung hunters. Mine is a 2000-2004 generation but they had some nice used bows called Switchback, Outback and a few other models that would work for me. I do realize the warranty might be an issue though one deal told me Mathews is pretty good about covering stuff, especially if I was buying a used bow from an authorized mathews dealer.

anyway, my question is, my Q2 will be fixed and works fine but I am wondering if any of the newer used generation bows would be better than what I have. By trading my q2 and getting a used but newer bow, it wouldn't cost a lot. I don't have the cash for a brand new mathews, nor the interest, so your input on this is appreciated. Hunting is for whitetails in Florida and I only shoot when the season arrives, not yr round. Would the newer bows do something my Q2 doesn't do?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a big Mathews fan and also a user myself. That being said, the Drenalin model I use now is no more usable to me than the older Mathews model I got rid of a couple years ago. If you are comfortable and shoot well with it then I would advise not to go after something else simply for novelty. It accomplishes nothing or very little imo.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned 5-6 Mathews bows and other than the Z7 that I own now the Q2 was my favorite bow of the ones that I've owned. My list includes the ZMax,Q2,Outback,Legacy,Drenalin,Z7.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

the Switchback is an awsome bow . the q2 that you have is also a very nice bow
Old 09-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Every year they make a good hunting bow... Most peoples responses will dictate which one they have lol. I think since the outback they have all been about the same in feel etc... I'd say the outback was the most ahead of it's time.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

well, good feedback, the Q2 is a litle better than I thought. My impression was that the newer generation bows like the outback and switchback might be meaningfully improved over mine but it doesn't sound like it. Not a lot of folks have owned and shot each of the models which makes it hard to compare, but it sounds like mine is not necessarily inferior to newer models. Since i am happy with it, I'll keep it unless others weigh in to the contrary.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a few too. My personal favorite was my Outback. It wasn't the fastest bow...but it was very smooth.

With that said, my Z7 is only a month old or so. I think after a little more time getting used to it, the Z7 will move up to my #1 spot.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Loved my Switchback, and I love my DXT even more. I like a small bow for treestand hunting so I won't get rid of mt DXT for nothing. The Z7 is nice but really big.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

My favorite Mathews would be Dave Mathews they have a great band and I like they're music. Sorry, just wanted to stir the mud. Bowtech Rules.....lol
Old 09-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the XT, DXT, and SBXT are some of the nicest Mathews has ever made.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.