Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bam went the bow >

Bam went the bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bam went the bow

Old 09-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bam went the bow

What in the heck just happened. went outside to practice shooting my mathews Q2, shot 3 arrows and they grouped nicely. On the next set of three, I pulled back and it made a moderately loud snap. I looked at the bow and noticed the arm connected to the pulley had cracked in a way in which it looked delaminated. Whatever the case, it is shot and my bow season is likely over this yr unless you can help convince me this is repairable in short order and I can get the bow dialed back in quickly.

Any idea what happened? What causes this to happen? I had no warning. The strings and everything else on the bow seem fine even though some of these parts are starting to get old at 6-7 yrs. Pls advise, I'm not sure what to do and the season just started.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

I really don't know what caused it to do that, but I know how you feel. I messed up my bow yesterday and i hope to have it fixed by opening weekend. Good luck
Old 09-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

I know the feeling least week my Hoyt left go. All kinds of issues. They sent it back to Hoyt and the dealer told me that he has no idea when I will get it back.
I can't bowless! I bought a new one that night. I bought a new Bowtech Destroyer. A little hard to swallow that kind of money but I had to do something.

Hope you have better results than I did!!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

well, i went to matthews and saw they offer a limited lifetime, so the arm (limb), may be covered but my season may still be shot. I'm still interested in some feedback to the original post, but additionally, where is the serial number. I've been looking over the bow and can't find the number. I remember registering it when new but sure can't find the numbers at this point. It is a 2000-2004 series bow. thx
Old 09-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

You just had a limb delaminate. No big deal except for the timing for you. Happens all the time to all makes and models.

If you bought it new and are the original owner then it will be covered under warranty except for the shops labor. If you get it in to a Mathews dealer quick it takes about 10 days to get limbs to the shop from Mathews assuming that the shop would order them that day. They will not be camo though... they will be matte black.

The serial number is located on the back side of the riser right up under the bottom limb pocket.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Typical Mathews limb break. Probably split right down the center from the cam grove I'd assume.

That is the weak point in a solid limb bow, and since they use cheaper limbs it will happen from time to time. No biggie tho as big bulls said, they will take care of u!

Did it look like this???
Old 09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...1/65a63daf.jpg
Old 09-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, thx for the input. I will call the dealer today and hope my records for registration are correct. The only disappointing thing I've read so far is the black limb. Why in the world would they send me a black limb vs. camo. That will look ridiculous and devalule the bow if i were ever to sell it. I wonder if they will send me two lmibs vs. one so they at least match...

Our archery season is about 4 weeks and we are two weeks into the season, so by the time i get the bow back, it's over. The whole thing is a bit disappointing but doesn't sound uncommon.

Yes, the pic attached is what my limb looks like, thanks for sharing.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

I called two local authorized dealers and they are closed on monday's. Can anyone tell me appx how much this repair should cost me assuming the limb is under warranty but labor is not. I also will do the string replacement, peep and a new loop. As far as i know, shouldn't need to do anything else. Just ballpark price pls
Old 09-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

look, my buddy got his pecker caught in the cam one time, had to break the bow to get his junk out...i went to the bow shop, told the guy the story, he called mathews, they over nighted him 2 new limbs, he put them on, and 3 days later i was shooting...total cost..$25, for the shop to put it back together. my bow anyways, has a lifetime warranty on the limbs, it is a mafews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.