Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Destroyer/Striker >

Destroyer/Striker

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Destroyer/Striker

Old 10-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

No I'm not hunting with field points, but under spined arrows should show their effect with either 100 gr tip right? That's why I'm having problems pointing at the arrow spine as the problem. But I guess if I can't figure it out, I'll give a stiffer arrow a try.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

No I'm not hunting with field points, but under spined arrows should show their effect with either 100 gr tip right?
Only if you employ the various tuning methods to show the effect of an underspined arrow. If you are just shooting at a target you can easily tune your bow to shoot acceptable groups with field tipped, under spined arrows.

You must keep in mind that these manufacturers charts are only guidelines. You must also keep in mind that the typical bow that these charts are designed around have about a 300 - 310 fps IBO. An arrow that spines properly for one of these bows will be quite weak for a 350fps IBO bow.

You bow needs an arrow that spines properly for a bow with about an 83 - 85 pounds on the charts.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just in case you don't think bigbulls is correct I will vouch for everything he's said. He's spot on.

Field point arrows aren't nearly as critical to tune. I have shot nationals with arrows that were spined for a 75# bow when I was shooting 60(200 spine)

They were waaaaay to stiff, but worked great.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

So have you figured it out yet?