HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New to the forums... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/330560-new-forums.html)

WI Bow Hunter 09-24-2010 08:28 PM

New to the forums...

Heya,

New to your forum here so I figured I'd introduce myself, my name's Matt and I live in central Wisconsin. 23 years old and been hunting since I was 8.

I enjoy bow, rifle, and turkey hunting along with small game, but I LOVE bow hunting. I use a Fred Bear Element 60# (it was a cheap upgrade from what I was using) ICS Hunter 340 arrows and G5 strike broad heads. I hunt EVERY chance I get just about.

Recently lost my hunting partner (Grandfather) to cancer, the greatest thing he ever gave me was my passion for the outdoors.

I'm not a rack hunter and hunt to fill the freezer, although last year I got VERY lucky... nailed this 8 pointer @ about 20ft while sitting on the ground without a blind. Was my first buck with a bow, and the largest I've shot to date.

I don't like to brag and am not trying to, I'm simply here to talk to people who love what I love, and love talking about it and sharing knowledge because there is ALWAYS something to learn! :)

God Bless.

obsessed bowhunter 09-24-2010 10:04 PM

Awesome buck, welcome aboard. Bow hunting is my passion as well.

FusionsDj 09-25-2010 12:43 AM

-Good looking buck.. welcome here. continue with bow hunting. Bow hunting, it is what it's all about.

stabnslab_WI 09-25-2010 06:53 AM

Welcome.....You from Montello area?

WI Bow Hunter 09-25-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI (Post 3689391)
Welcome.....You from Montello area?

Wausau area.

stabnslab_WI 09-25-2010 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by WI Bow Hunter (Post 3689414)
Wausau area.

Oh...Im from Marquette County. Wausau is about 40 min north. Very nice area with some good hunting.

WI Bow Hunter 09-25-2010 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI (Post 3689415)
Oh...Im from Marquette County. Wausau is about 40 min north. Very nice area with some good hunting.

Wouldn't trade living in this area for the world. :) I love Wisconsin

MBmadness 09-26-2010 05:32 AM

I lost my grandpa to bone cancer as well and it took me a little while to want to hunt again . We were supposed to go up north so me and him could get a wall hanger . I am going to try to put something together next year and see what all i have to do , and make the trip with a picture of him . Man i miss him he was my bud , When i get my first wall hanger i will have something with his name on the plaque the deer is on . Good luck this season

V8Ranger 09-26-2010 05:55 AM

Welcome to a great site. Sorry to hear about your Granddad's the two of you. I first picked up a bow when I was 16 out in Colorado, about 29 years ago, WOW, its been that long.... lol... My uncle got me into it. When I moved to up state NY I gave it up for a long time. I had no where to hunt. Well about 4 years ago, I picked it back up. I wont put it back down ever again, God permitting...... If I had to make a choice, and only had time for one of the deer season's, gun or bow, It would be a no brainer. The gun would be put down. I love bow hunting as everyone else on here does.... Its peaceful, no loud bangs everywhere, and ALLOT less people spooking the deer. Its more up close and personal with nature. Nice looking buck you got there also!!!!