HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What Phone are you using ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/330240-what-phone-you-using.html)

Stormy_NY 09-21-2010 06:24 AM

What Phone are you using ?

Just wondering what smart phone everyone is using .....

drockw 09-21-2010 06:25 AM

iPhone4

Had a 3Gs last seasson

NEBRbruiser 09-21-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Stormy_NY (Post 3686479)
Just wondering what smart phone everyone is using .....

What does this have to do with BowHunting??

drockw 09-21-2010 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by NEBRbruiser (Post 3686489)

bc some people use their phones to do video and take pics while bowhunting... I do anyways.

It would be similar to "what camera is everyone using", or "what does everyone drive" etc...

Stormy_NY 09-21-2010 06:45 AM

You don't use your phone hunting ?

mitchmtm1 09-21-2010 07:52 AM

Original TracFone. I turn it on....make a call....turn it off. I don't need entertained while hunting and have a camera for pics.

Mitch

countryboy96 09-21-2010 07:54 AM

the free flip phone they gave me.... I know I know not nearly as cool as the Driod X but since I use an average of 40 minutes on it a month.... I guess I don't need the gizmo's

OHbowhntr 09-21-2010 09:06 AM

+1 Bruiser, I agree!!!

Originally Posted by Stormy_NY (Post 3686496)
You don't use your phone hunting ? Here less then 3 months and making waves ? Relax Dude....

What phone do we use??? Hell, I'm a MAN, I don't rely on my phone and text from stand and the like. My phone gets turned OFF and left in the truck when I hunt. I don't text at all, if I have something to say, I'll call. Most of the places I hunt, you don't get CELL SERVICE, and that's the way I LIKE IT!!! I also hunt places where you'd be hard-pressed to get a quad into to get a deer out and I pull them out by myself though, so some people may think I'm crazy...... But that's the way I like it.... :party0005:

drockw 09-21-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr (Post 3686592)
+1 Bruiser, I agree!!!

What phone do we use??? Hell, I'm a MAN, I don't rely on my phone and text from stand and the like. My phone gets turned OFF and left in the truck when I hunt. I don't text at all, if I have something to say, I'll call. Most of the places I hunt, you don't get CELL SERVICE, and that's the way I LIKE IT!!! I also hunt places where you'd be hard-pressed to get a quad into to get a deer out and I pull them out by myself though, so some people may think I'm crazy...... But that's the way I like it.... :party0005:

Hahahahahahahaha that's one of the funniest posts I've read in a really long time!

U absolutely couldn't get a quad to anywhere I hunt, nor a tractor, or anything like that. Sometimes it's hard to see 15 ft in front of u if the dew point is right(Which is good bc manly men don't care about visibility) I bet my knuts are bigger than yours... Thanks for the laugh. I needed that after this day:happy0157:

Oh, we do get cell service(I'm really not sure how or why but we do) so maybe I'm an equal to u in the manly dept.

I don't wear a safety harness though! What about u? Don't tell me u are one of those modernized fancy pants guys who wears a harness! Then I've really gotcha beat;)

Terasec 09-21-2010 12:08 PM

use my phone all the time

checking maps/gps
check regs on occassion
check weather
also many times i will email myself specific maps,
and open it on my phone
as a camera, not so good so dont bother,
as a phone hit or miss with reception