Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
help with my Bow!!! >

help with my Bow!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help with my Bow!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default help with my Bow!!!

alright i have been shooting my bow getting everything tuned up and all that good stuff last time i shot my bow everything from my 20 to my 50 yard pin was dead on i could shoot groups of 5 arrows and they would be touching each other and now all my pins are screwed up or something and i can not get any kind of group even at 20 yards one arrow would be at the bottom of the bag then the next arrow would be in bulls eye it did this from my 20 to my 50 yard pin any ideas on what to do or what might be wrong with my bow? thanks for the help
Old 09-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like something is loose and moving around, as long as you don't think your doing anything different..
Old 09-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Fork Horn

as far as i can tell im shooting the same. bad thing is deer season opens sept 20th and now im screwed because of my bow. i dont even feel comfortable shooting at a deer 20 yards away with my bow right now. maybe i need a new sight?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:37 AM
Typical Buck

What kind of bow is it? It could be a timing issue.. Also you watching to make sure your shooting style hasnt changed? Your not torquing the bow. Also, when is the last time you had the strings and cables replaced?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are also sure that its not just because your shooting to much at once and your arm and shoulder are loosing the correct form?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not the sight, assuming it is not loose. It is helpful to measure and record a few things when your bow is shooting like it should. Things like tiller, centershot, nock height, peep location, axle to axle, etc. Then when it seems like something is wrong, you can check all measurements to verify it is not the equipment. Then make sure a limb is not cracked. After that, you can blame the shooter.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

If nothing is loose and moving around, like v8 said, it sounds like your getting tired and your form is breaking down.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

its a 2008 pearson tx4 i havent replaced the strings yet so they are two years old i was talking to a buddy of mine he said it may be my arrows since they are 2 years old? i do have my bow weight cranked up a little high but i stop shooting once i get tired i'm gonna go up and have the archery shop look at it maybe they can figure something out after they look at it.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If nothing is loose, or wabbling, or even broken, then it has to be your style change..
Are you anchoring in the same spot?
Fletchings turned the right way?
Dry fire it?
Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

its never been dry fired as far as i can tell im not doing anything different i was thinking about trying out the hind sight and getting rid of my peep so i can see the target better and to see if i am torquing my bow but even if i was would that cause that much of an issue with it hitting high then low then dead on then way left

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.