Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Mathews won't be out priced >

Mathews won't be out priced

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews won't be out priced

Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Every one has limbs that break, splinter, delaminate, etc... etc... etc...

Mathews had a whole bunch of limbs breaking at the limb "pivot" on the drenalin bows. They redesigned the "pivot" and redesigned the limbs on the DXT and subsequent "thin limb" bows. They did not do a recall on these limbs like Bowtech did on the General limbs.

Vehicles are made to get you from point A to B but I bet you don't drive a Ford fiesta.

I drive a truck because I need a truck to haul my work supplies. That and I don't believe a Fiesta can haul a 20' Skeeter.

And I'm not following you on the comparison on how society stereotypical judges social status on their vehicle, which is seen by many as they drive...to a bow used to fling arrows usually around few if any humans.

So help me understand why I should find a bow that feels great to me AND looks good to others?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think what he meant by that was why shoot a $2000 bow when a $150 bow will work, will the $2000 bow kill something more effectively? Remember they did this for a long time without any of this crap..... I personally don't care either way, shoot what you like and what you can afford. And if it blows up the company will probably stand by their product.

Just my .02 and I still don't care.

Ryan.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Spike

It's definitely an expensive bow. I'm curious to know what makes it this expensive.

On that topic, did you ever calculate how much you've actually spent on archery?

I think if you go out bowhunting and just calculate the prices of the gear you have on you, you'll come up with a number in the few thousands...
Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tim03b
SCREW MATHEWS!!!!!!!!! I'm a hoyt/bowtech boy till death. Mathews can keep their overrated junk. Nuff said!
Grow up.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I drive a truck because I need a truck to haul my work supplies. That and I don't believe a Fiesta can haul a 20' Skeeter.

And I'm not following you on the comparison on how society stereotypical judges social status on their vehicle, which is seen by many as they drive...to a bow used to fling arrows usually around few if any humans.

So help me understand why I should find a bow that feels great to me AND looks good to others?
I was just poking fun at you. Should have added a smiley. I actually agree with you about the looks of a bow being low on the list of things worth considering.