Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground Blinds

Old 09-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Spike

Default Ground Blinds

What type of ground blinds works the best for you while bowhunting? I don't really like the noisy zippers most blinds have.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I've only hunted out of DB's. Never been disappointed, though.

Correction** - I did make 2 burlap blinds, last year. I'm looking forward to hunting them, once the corn comes down.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I have been hunting out of killzone hunting blinds for the past 2 years,I am happy with them the price is under 100 dollars and they keep me outta the wind and rain,
Old 09-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

I just got done putting my last one out about an hour ago,and I bought some nice chairs at a surplus auction,3 legged chairs with just the seat no back on them I bought 13 chairs for 1 dollar each and looked at the store prices they was 20 dollars a chair,but as I was saying that is the blind I use and I love it.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like Double Bull, but I would rather hunt out of a natural ground blind. I like to make several so that I can move when the wind changes. They are cheap and easy to make.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have hunted from an ameriastep outhouse(sh*tter) blind yeap sh*tter because their a big ohh piece of ****. A ameriastep dog house, ok for gun hunting I doubt good for bow, both went back a week after buying in my first gun season(first hunting season) third one I had was a carbon express blind I got from sams big, nice and it had carbon fabric like scent killer clothes, I liked it and sadly dad sold it thinking it was a old torn camo tent we hand. One season of use and he sold it for 50 bucks. ERRR it cost 200 new.

This year I ordered a primos crusher which I think is a double bull with the primos logo (400 new)
Old 09-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

it doesn't matter I hunt state land and us a g-20, I have gone out just to hide from my wife set it up zippers and all making noise just hidding from the wife mind you not taking it seriously and had 2 does in front of me at 15 yards !!!! while texting and smoking a cigarette !!! go figure I did everything I was taught not to do and still saw deer bottom line there either walking that area or there Not, 2 weeks later I had a 151 6/8 that field dressed 201lbs deer standing 10 ft in front of me that is now on the wall doing the same thing.. needless to say I have relaxed so much more and sit longer vs second guessing myself and my tactics placement of blind just find a spot bring a book and enjoy the day
Old 09-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Primos Dark Horse which is a Double Bull. Easy set-up and take down.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple Double bulls that we have had great luck in. We put them out 2 weeks before season and leave them up through gun season. The deer get used to it really quick.....last year I was hunting a regular stand about 150 yards away and I could see the ground blind.......deer were all over in front of it.....several walked up and even took a look in.....kind of funny! We have not shot any big bucks out of them.....but lots of does. I think there are many good ones out there now......just make sure you get one that has lots of large camo screened windows.

Good Luck!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just spent 3 1/2 days in my Ameristep Doghouse Antelope hunting a month ago. I like the blind but it just isn't big enough & i'm short (5'8" IF I stretch) to be comfortable those long hours. I just ordered (tonight) a Killzone Turret XL that is 72 x 72 Sq. & 68" high. After what I used in the Ameristep this will be MUCh more plus the slotted windows will work much better.
Anyway-reg $245 with carry bag $99 delivered.

Looks just like a Double bull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.