Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First season bow hunt >

First season bow hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First season bow hunt

Old 09-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Definately wear your safety harness and let someone know where you are and keep in touch with them. I make trips by myself all the time but I do check in often.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:53 AM
Spike

As others stated, BE SAFE, but the most important thing to do is enjoy your hunt forget about work, bills, and all the other daily stresses just for the time in the stand.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

With all of the stuff that you listed I would need to take some one along with me to help pack it in. Relax and try to enjoy your hunt.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My tips........practice practice and then practice some more.........practice with all your hunting clothes on.......practice on/from something the same height as your stand. Know your distances and your maximum distance. Your maximum distance is way les than what you do at the range. The biggest mistake new hunters make is misjudging distance. Its tough from high up and with your adrenalin flowing.

Good Luck!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to add one more thing.........the second biggest mistake new hunters make is going to look for their deer right after their shot! suggestion.....read and follow the sticky thread "Recovery, what to do after the shot" Its critical to successful bowhunting.

Good Luck!