Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent killer

Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

I make my own sometimes acorn and sometimes I make pine scent,pine works the best.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

I like Scent Killer and the Scent Away wipes and the ASKO laundry detergent. I've had lots of deer walk downwind, across my entry trail, etc. and have only been scented once in the past 3 years that I know of.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

true, but 99% is pretty dam good. I have hunted in highs, lows, rain storms, snow storms, windy days, sunny days, and had deer right under me and 50 to 100 yards behind me and have NEVER HAD ONE EVEN WONDER if I was there. Not saying it is full proof, heck around here they do not care, we had a deer run down my street and through a carnival and jump OVER a chair with a guy sitting in it. But I ant lost one yet. DO you use the stuff or just play the wind.
I play the wind a good hunter always will but winds change and a deer might walk a circle around you till he gets infront of you. Happens to me alot.
Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Actually it reduces your scent but doesn't eliminate it. Nothing completely eliminates your scent. If a deer gets downwind of you and in the path of where your scent is blowing you will be scented. Sometimes your scent will blow right over a close deer if you are in a stand. In the am thermals can carry your scent straight up and away. The conclusion you are drawing from observations is incorrect.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Checkout Trophyblend for body scent killing products and cover scents.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just use earth scent spray..wafers too.

Another hunting season approaches and more headaches from reading bigtim's posts. lol
Old 09-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Scent Killer has worked for me for years.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Spike

i love it when people tell other people that they're incorrect all in the process of NOT answering the dudes question. dick
Old 09-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

I use Fresh Earth HS Scent. I also remember several people on here making there own from baking soda and peroxide I think. Been a few years but I think people said it worked.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Scent Killer 99%, had a 4 pt buck that was down wind of me while I was sitting on the ground leaning against a rock walk from behind me passing me on my right (spitting distance) and never knew I was there. Also use scent shield as a cover (earth scent)