Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What would you choose? >

What would you choose?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you choose?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default What would you choose?

If you had to stick with one bow brand what would it be and why? Just curious to see what yall prefer. I know i currently shoot a pse but this is my first pse ive owned, but if i had to stick with one brand it would be mathews. i just think they produce good quality bows and enjoy shooting them.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Schaefer Silvertips. Because I can get exactly what I want.....and it's like no one else's.

Funny....the traditional world is all about having something unique. The compound world is all about having a bow just like someone else's.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Heh. Maybe for some compound owners. Personally, I could care less what the next guy owns. I tried out a sh*tload of bows before I settled on my Hoyt. It was a matter of feel and price point for me. When you get down to it, I figure the buck that gets an arrow from it doesn't really care what company logo is on the bow.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
Heh. Maybe for some compound owners. Personally, I could care less what the next guy owns. I tried out a sh*tload of bows before I settled on my Hoyt. It was a matter of feel and price point for me. When you get down to it, I figure the buck that gets an arrow from it doesn't really care what company logo is on the bow.
I agree, I could care less what the other guy is shooting, I shoot what I like period. And I like Mathews, and not because they make them 10 miles from my house either. I shot a lot of them before deciding on Mathews. Comes right down to it there all good, but only as good as the guy shooting it.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with the other guys. I started out with Golden Eagle. I shot a lot of deer with that bow. In 1998 I sold it and bought a Mathews Z-Max. In 2003 I sold it and bought a Mathews Q2. This year 2010, because of 2 shoulder surgeries I have been forced to go with a lower draw weight so I wanted to go with a super fast bow with a lot of kinetic energy so when I lowered the weight I could still be fast and have a lot of punch. I chose a Mathews Monster. I have never had any problems with any of them and have sure harvested a lot of critters with them. Shoot what you feel comfortable with and most importantly, what you have confidence in. If you don't have confidence in your equipment, it can effect your shooting big time. Good Luck in whatever you decide.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to say. I've owned 4 bows, all different brands. Today I'd probably say either PSE or Bowtech. Ask me what truck or boat and I'll give you a definite answer - bows are a different story.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a PSE Sidewinder that my father-in-law gave me that he picked up cheap from a coworker. I really have no idea what brand of bows are supposed to be the best though. I do know that this bow shoots great, it lets off to almost nothing so I can hold it back when waiting for a shot and is very quiet. So to me, the shooting qualities of a bow would be more important than the brand.

Oh, and I shot my first Robin Hood with this bow, so it shoots nice.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

This thread will be wide open; I've shot just about every model and make you can think of and I would say Bowtech takes the top honors by a land slide. The Destroyer is by far the top new bow on the market, you also have bows like the admiral, general, captian, the airborn series-then with diamond (which is made by bowtech) you have great remarks with the Iceman and Black Ice--also diamond has probably the best youth/womens bow in the Razors Edge.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOYT, they are reliable and have great durability. they are very smooth drawing, quiet and no vibration. the best all around hunting bow
Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a fred bear its atleast 6 years old but will drop a deer just as fast as any hi tech bow on the market.I paid 99.00 dollars for it on ebay and wouldnt sell it for $600.00.I have killed 14 deer with it and plan to kill a lot more with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.