HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Opinion on womens bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/329834-opinion-womens-bow.html)

wingchaser_labs 09-15-2010 12:57 PM

Opinion on womens bow

I'm looking at getting the gf a first bow. She wants to shoot but doesn't hunt. There isn't alot available for leftys used and don't wanna spend a ton for her first bow so looking at the two diamonds but would get a hoyt mathews or bowtech if the price was right. Been looking at the diamond razor edge and diamond the rock. She is 23" and will prolly be shooting it at 40-43 lbs to start with im guessing. Would the rock 50# or the razor edge 30-60# be the best bow for her in this situation? I don't know anyone who shoots either but I know they are pretty decent bows for the money. I use to shoot an allegience but now shooting an iceman and my mother shoots an equalizer. Just wondering which way might be the best option for her right now if I buy new since I can't find much used out there like I'm looking for.... Any opinions on the browning micro eclipse LT as well? Thanks Kyle

blakefrautschi 09-15-2010 01:10 PM

i've shot the rock before in LH model (i'm a righty...)(it is my friends bow) and it felt really nice for the price. I thought it shot really well for the few shots i took with it. Like everyone always says, try to get her to shoot both if possible and see which one she like more. i think the rock would be my choice. slightly longer ATA and another 1/4 inch brace.

PY Antlers 09-15-2010 04:32 PM

If you can find a Mathews Passion at a good price thats the way to go. My wife shoots one, 25" draw at about 43 lbs., Man that is a wicked lil bow. Really flings an arrow. Finding one at a good price, now there lies the challange.

moose1915 09-15-2010 07:00 PM

i'm a mathews guy, but that razors edge is a GREAT bow, started my boys and wife on it it is really nice! Just get a real rest for it. cant beat the value!

Bible_Man 09-15-2010 08:31 PM

My wife shoots a Mission Menace, made by Mathews. It is a great shooting little bow! Very reasonably priced, and we plan on it being a bow for kids to grow with in the future. I would recommend you shoot one.

wingchaser_labs 09-16-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by PY Antlers (Post 3683009)
If you can find a Mathews Passion at a good price thats the way to go. My wife shoots one, 25" draw at about 43 lbs., Man that is a wicked lil bow. Really flings an arrow. Finding one at a good price, now there lies the challange.

and in a left handed model... Yeah I know how nice they are and a couple other top line womens bows. She don't need anything that nice yet but going to get something pretty decent. Believe me if I found a top of the line bow for her at a good price I'd be all over it. I've been looking alot and to find them left handed used is super tough.

wingchaser_labs 09-16-2010 09:44 AM

Yeah I know the kit crap that comes with those bows is junk. I plan on setting her up right thats why I'm not lookin for a cheap pos bow.... I don't really have a preference. I've got friends who work at the mathews shop and guys at the archery shops that carry others so I don't ever worry about brand just shoot what I like. Its a little more limited when it comes to women/youth bows though. We are gonna try and shoot a couple this weekend if the shops have any of the lh models in stock. Thanks and anymore opinions keep em coming.

earnabuck 09-16-2010 07:15 PM

I shoot a rock and like it very much, it is quick and short. I think the razor edge may be a little bit more suitable for woman especially if she is petite.

lknhuntress 09-17-2010 07:43 AM

I shoot a Diamond Stud, and it works well for me. I shoot at 48 lbs., and I got my first 2010 deer with it September 13, a doe.

nctaxi 09-17-2010 08:35 AM

Go with the Razors Edge. Just bought my son one and he robin hooded arrows the other day. Plus as she gets stronger, you can adjust it with her. Good buy for the money, IMO. Good luck.