Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what camo?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had any personal experience with the others mentioned here but i have with ASAT. On one ocassion I had a mature buck looking right at me as I was in a bare tree with no cover. The buck seemed a little concerned but not enough to spook or even be cautious enough not to get stuck with an arrow at 25yds. He's on my wall now.

Another time, a 2 1/2 yr buck came in from a direction i did not expect and i found myself being stared at at 15yds while only 6ft up the tree. Once again, i was out in the open with no cover. That guy is also on my wall.

What I haven't tried is sitting on the ground and trying to accomplish this same thing with ASAT.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The great debate. Lots of good patterns out there, like some of the guys said, use what your hunting situation is. Some work better as a skyline pattern, some work better straight on like UltimateCamo, some look good on a shelf in a store as eye candy, but put some these pattern in a sepia tone as deer see in a situation where youre hunting and you may be suprised at what it looks like. Are you hunting on the ground, are you hunting out a tree, a blind, etc... Im a little biased of course : )

Deer dont see colors like humans do, we see in trichromatic vision, deer see in dichromatic, we have 3 cones, they have 2 cones. I think your most important hunting friend is scent/wind, movement, then camo.

Its like trying to hide this camera but bigger

http://www.ultimatecamo.com/TESTPHOTOS.html

http://store.ultimatecamo.com/fieldshots.asp