Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Became a member of the stolen Game camera club! >

Became a member of the stolen Game camera club!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Became a member of the stolen Game camera club!

Old 09-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks man. I was out hanging stands this weekend and walked up on a trail camera. Not once did I think 'I should steal that camera'. Just have to wonder what kind of people are out there.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Spike

Im not a member of this club, but I am a card carrying member of the stolen treestand club, but I got lucky the guy that hunt the properety next to mine his crack head son is the one that stole it and he bought me a new one then had his son arrested. He was determined he crawled up there with bolt cutters and cut the lock, his dads trail cam caught him carrying it throught the woods. nothing is safe. My father-in-law had 2 of his feeders stolen, and his stands destroyed 2yrs ago.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had one stolen behind my house a few years ago. I now buy $50 cameras incase I have another one stolen. It sucks when you have to conceal the camera to keep it from getting stolen.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

My neighbor walked to his stand last yr to find it gone as well as the tree it was in they actually cut the tree down to get the stand thought id seen everything
Old 09-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

I havent entered the club yet, I hunt mostly public land in Missouri so I figure it will just be a matter of time before I become a member.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

had my stands stolen 2 years in a row, Figure they got my stand they ant getting a camera from me. I thought about going back and looking again for the last one maybe I walked right by it . LOL
Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Had a good little loc-on stand stollen a few years ago. Took it and a scrape dripper but left the screw in steps. Guess it was too much work to get them out.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Spike

Charter member here.Sorry to here that but welcome to the club.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have three out there also. So far so good. I hunt a club where everyone has to sign in or get kicked out. So I guess when u sign your name people tend to leave each others gear alone. Never know though. I just placed another this morning in a sweet spot. Kinda worried about this one though. Never hunted this area and I walked in farther then the average hunter would and couldn't resist placing it there.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fishtaconc
Im not a member of this club, but I am a card carrying member of the stolen treestand club
I have that card...lost a Lone Wolf Afpha. It's a sick feeling when you get to your stand location opening morning and it's gone.