Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The corn is comin down fast in IL >

The corn is comin down fast in IL

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The corn is comin down fast in IL

Old 09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Ours is testing about 14-17% moisture so its ready.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just about my whole hunting area has been shelled here in Ky.Just a few low lying areas left but it is still green.

Came out of the woods Monday night and there were about 15 deer feeding in the field.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Man, the dove hunters are loving this! I haven't gotten to go yet (grrr at work). Believe it or not, a guy at work told me that he saw a farmer cutting beans the other day somewhere around St Francisville. I'm not so sure I believe it myself... Corn is getting cut in every direction from my house except right where I hunt. They put it in a few weeks later than everything else, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that rain doesn't slow the stuff down.

rw
Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hunt12ga
Man, the dove hunters are loving this! I haven't gotten to go yet (grrr at work). Believe it or not, a guy at work told me that he saw a farmer cutting beans the other day somewhere around St Francisville. I'm not so sure I believe it myself... Corn is getting cut in every direction from my house except right where I hunt. They put it in a few weeks later than everything else, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that rain doesn't slow the stuff down.

rw
As dry as it is here,it would have to rain a week solid to slow things down.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Here in west central WI I'm hopping it stays up till the end of Nov. like last year. It lets our bucks get older and I have been seeing some dandy's this year because the corn was up late last year.