Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Girlfriends/Wives annoyed with your hunting >

Girlfriends/Wives annoyed with your hunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Girlfriends/Wives annoyed with your hunting

Old 09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Give her the boot!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Ok seriously if she isnt making you happy now, its not gonna happen in the future. We all know how women are, thats just not gonna happen.

So in that case. Stick with what you really love and what makes you happy. Its the way stuff goes.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Yea man i was in a situation like that and it sucked. We finally broke up because it was always about what she wanted to do and i couldnt have my time to do anything. But my current gf is just glad that i ask her to come along and help with hanging stands and preparing food plots. Just set a day every month to take her out and show her that if shes willing to let you hunt that your willing to do what she likes.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

My Brother had the same problem before he got married. Twenty five years later he divorced her. Same problem only worse. I say as I did to my Bro, it isn't worth it. Its your life just make sure you make the right choice.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Started off the wife was fine with me hunting. Then my obsession became a little more. She got a little edgy. I cut back but now I just want to be hunting when I can. Heres the 1 thing I said to her that made her lighten up.

"I come home to you at the end of the day, everyday. When you wake up and some reason I' dead, just remember that you'll be wishing I was out hunting and that I would be coming home"

Lifes too short, enjoy it or deal with your regrets.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are not involved with a mature person. If you choose to stick it out, you're the ONLY one that will sacrifice. Nobody can decide for you. You are the one that will pay the price for your decision, either way.

I say grow a set and lay the law down. You can't expect to go from single to a relationship and spend the same amount of time doing anything you did before. But if you don't make her understand what is and is not acceptable to you, buddy, it's nobody's fault but yours when (not if) she chisels away at you until you're stuck watching hunting on tv (when she's not home of course).

Like the old saying goes "There's plenty of does in the woods".
Old 09-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Tell her to go lay down.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Spike

Just two words, "Hell Yeah"
Old 09-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

you cut off the income, they will let you go, and if you act fast, you too can save your hunting season..
Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

thats funny! truth is if shes pissed now shes always going to be end of story!!! you just need to go mhunting and take your punishment till the end of seson( screamin,yellin,cold shoulder and no personal time [thats the nice way to put it]). after season all will be better. another thing how can you only go turkeey huntin once a week i would bust id say sign me up for a divorce!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.