Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Girlfriends/Wives annoyed with your hunting >

Girlfriends/Wives annoyed with your hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Girlfriends/Wives annoyed with your hunting

Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by tight360
Thats not true at all.
Agreed. Find yourself a woman that loves to hunt. Then you only have to fight over who gets the better stands.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up Excellent post, py!!!!

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
After reading some of these post from you guys, I really realize how fortunate I really am. Early on my wife realized there was no way she would get me to cut back on my time in the woods and swamp, so she took an interest in it. She loved the fishing part of it, but at that time didn't really car for the deer hunting because it was so cold. Turkey hunting became a passion for her, so much so that she went to work for the NWTF and The Women in the Outdoors program for 10 years. We don't fish near as much as we used to because of our line of work but when bow season is here, there isn't a night that goes by that one or both of us are not in a stand. We have game and fish mounts on just about every wall in the house. Yes, I am truly blessed to have a bride of 25 years like her.
Couldn't have said it better myself.. Sharing the dream of your own place, working together to achieve it, then working together to make it what you dreamed, life doesn't get any better than that!!! She's my best friend also!!! These guys have no idea what they're missing. There have been days in a heated ground blind in DEC, I will never forget!

Last edited by tight360; 09-10-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

I got my wife into hunting.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Everyone should have something that they are passionate about and it seems that like most on this site hunting is it for you. Your significant other should respect and appreciate the things that you like to do. You have to make sure that you take care of business (i.e. spend time with her, hunny do list, etc.) but at the end of the day you don't need to consistently be nagged about the things you like. Hunting does take time away but it is not 100% of the year. Also, she needs to have a life outside of you (friends, activities, etc.) Otherwise run and find another. My wife is due to have our 3rd child in the end of October I went out yesterday, going out tomorrow and a few days during the rest of the week. I won't stop hunting until Feb. Well I will take about 3 weeks off after the birth. But will be back out there for the start of NY gun season on 11/21. It is really good to have someone who wants you to enjoy the things that you are interested in. Besides it's great therapy keeps me sane and she does love venison.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem with my wife. I work with her though. I try not to let it run my life. i understand she my life too. So it's not fair if i say deal with it. I you care about her you are gonna have to comprimise with her. Ur call good luck.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Spike

Definately a red flag i guess i'm lucky but my girlfriend enjoys doing anything outdoors. A relationship shouldnt keep you from enjoying something you love. I love my girlfriend to death and i couldnt live without her but if she tried to cut off my hunting time, we'd have a problem lol. Just sit down with her and discuss that she's gonna have to except it or meet you in the middle
Old 09-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Dominant Buck

All you guys who tell your wives..."Hey...I hunt. That's the way it's gonna be. And, if you don't like it, so what"......................

We need to see pics of your wives. It'll make more sense if we see what's at stake.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GMMAT
All you guys who tell your wives..."Hey...I hunt. That's the way it's gonna be. And, if you don't like it, so what"......................

We need to see pics of your wives. It'll make more sense if we see what's at stake.
LOL That is hilarious.....But true
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by GMMAT

I second that.......LMAO
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 AM
bigcountry

Everything in life is about balance.

I know guys who shove everything aside to hunt. Litterly, work, kids, wifes, mother, whatever. They are out 4 days a week or more 3 months straight. They pay the price for it.

To me, thats unhealthy. I hunt probably too much. Two days a week from Oct 15 to Dec. 7.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.