Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broadheads

Old 09-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default Rage broadheads

Just bought my first rage broadheads. Tried the practice tip and it flew great. When setting up the broadheads for use it appears there is not much holding them in place during flight. To simply push back and hook in the little notch to hold in place seems a little to easy. Am I missing something or does they hold in place until impact with little or no effort on my part?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

There should be a rubber o-ring. Sorry to hear that you are using them, good luck.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure your blades are seated under the o-ring everytime you knock an arrow. Check to be sure your o-ring is in good condition and not cracked or dry rotted. If you bump the broadhead check and reseat it to be sure it will not deploy in flight. They are good heads but the o-ring and blade are very important to keep an eye on.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

x2
Great advice!

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Make sure your blades are seated under the o-ring everytime you knock an arrow. Check to be sure your o-ring is in good condition and not cracked or dry rotted. If you bump the broadhead check and reseat it to be sure it will not deploy in flight. They are good heads but the o-ring and blade are very important to keep an eye on.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah good luck with them. The o-rings break so easy. I tried them twice and i was not happy at all.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Or you could use a fixed balde head like a Slick Trick, G5 stryker, Muzzy MX4, Wackem, Magnus stinger, G5 montec, Shuttle T-lock, etc... and not have to worry about any of that crap.

But if you like having to constantly check your broadheads to make sure something that should be so simple isn't going to cost you the buck of a lifetime then knock yourself out.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Or you could use a fixed balde head like a Slick Trick, G5 stryker, Muzzy MX4, Wackem, Magnus stinger, G5 montec, Shuttle T-lock, etc... and not have to worry about any of that crap.

But if you like having to constantly check your broadheads to make sure something that should be so simple isn't going to cost you the buck of a lifetime then knock yourself out.
couldn't of said it any better...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbulls

Every broadhead has its disadvantages... Used couple of those that were named" not saying which one" and had the blades break or crack...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

they fell apart on 2 of 3 deer i shot w/ them. good luck .
Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

I use the Two blade ones and have killed with pass troughs multiple deer with the same head, with the same blades.
Every deer I have shot with them has had a massive holes and blood trail.
I am always looking and leave options open.
I think I am going to try some Slick tricks and G5's.
Here is a thread I did on the opening in flight that you are talking about.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...check-out.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.