Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broadheads

Old 09-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

I tried those the first year they came out. shot several deer with them and the entry and exit hole was very impressive but the blades would fall loose so easy. you have to keep them in the o-ring and if it is cracked or something wrong with it in anyway your blades will come out. to much of a hassle for me so i went back to what i was shooting. the vortex pro extreme 100gr. has 2.5" cutting diamiter. have yet to shot a broadhead that i like as much as them. so good luck with the rages
Old 09-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are really worried about them opening up simply use a small rubber band( ones from an orthadontist) they work great! I've used te heads before and they worked great and flawlessly! Only reason I switched is cause I'm not rich and can not afford them for the amount of heads I need each year!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Or you could use a fixed balde head like a Slick Trick, G5 stryker, Muzzy MX4, Wackem, Magnus stinger, G5 montec, Shuttle T-lock, etc... and not have to worry about any of that crap.

But if you like having to constantly check your broadheads to make sure something that should be so simple isn't going to cost you the buck of a lifetime then knock yourself out.

I'll second that motion.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

kansaswiderack, ill actually try to answer your initial question!! There is a little notch at the bottom of the blades and they just tuck into the o-ring near the rear end of the broadhead. you arnt missing anything. no additional o-rings or anything need to be added.