Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Deer repellent needed >

Deer repellent needed

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer repellent needed

Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to your local farm supply store there are quite a few deer repellant sprays on the market use to keep deer out of you flowers. I like David idea about the tarp too.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Spike

You can use a mix of peppers and rotten milk and spray around the place but may need to be reapplied after a rain
Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Old 09-13-2010, 06:02 AM
Spike

Poop under his tree everytime you go past.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Dominant Buck

This probably won't help because you can't spray it over the fence but I keep deer away from my young fruit trees by putting a dryer sheet like Bounce on a stake right at the base. It works.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

I got a similar problem myself. Was actually going to see about doing the predator urine but don't want something to spook all the deer away from the spot.

Might try the hair clippings as a friend of mine does that and will be easy to get.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
bigcountry

Best repellent, is a dead deer, or remains after butchering. I have learned the hard way, as I accidently dumped remains after butchering of a deer near a bedding area. At the time, I didn't realize it was the central bedding area, but looking back, the remains really cut off all action. The deer totally changed thier routes.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

I would not run the risk of screwing up your area by messing with a stand that is 5 foot from the property line. Besides you have to cross the property line to put your repellent down - that may cause problems since you were told not to go over there. If that gets back to the land owner of the parcels you hunt he may get pissed off and throw you out.

That stand is on a different property. If the landowner of that parcel wants it down, he'll take it down. You are acting on behalf of people who have trusted in you to act responsibly on their land and to respect the rights of adjacent property owners. Spreading repellents or anything else on someone elses land will do more harm than good.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-13-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard if you pour some kerosene around the base of the tree they will avoid that area like the plague.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I have heard if you pour some kerosene around the base of the tree they will avoid that area like the plague.
And kill the tree most likely. Maybe not right away, but it will....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.