HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Got my first buck! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/329154-got-my-first-buck.html)

KYDeerHunter03 09-05-2010 03:58 PM

Got my first buck!

Well after 7 years of passing and missing bucks...I finally got one! Yes I know hes not HUGE, but hes freakin awesome in my book lol I watched this one all summer and I thought he was pretty cool.

He came in about 8 this morning and gave me a pretty close 13 yard shot. I got too excited and after I released the arrow moved my bow arm and hit him back in the liver. He jumped like 5 feet in the air and bolted across the field, I could see my exit wound just dumping the blood. I was a nervous wreck cuz I knew I hit him waaaaaaay farther back than I would ever like to hit. I gave him 30 minutes to run and got down to check for blood and it was spraying everywhere!

I waited about 15 minutes more and starting taking up the trail....about 100 yards later I could see his white belly sticking up over the hill. I ran like a crazy psycho and screamed and yeehawd more than I ever have haha I paused and thanked the Lord for my deer then finally after 7 years put my hands on my first buck. I couldnt ask for anything better :)

markjenna 09-05-2010 04:02 PM

HELL YA GIRL........... TEAM 20 IS ON THE BOARD........ GREAT JOB JENNA, YOU ARE MY HERO............. AND YOU HAVE THE BEST NAME IN THE WORLD....

OH, did I say that was my Wife's name too.............. GREAT JOB JENNA.....

Hey, Jenna......... Change that Avatar so everyone knows who you are WITH.........TEAM 20......... :)

bigcountry 09-05-2010 04:18 PM

I wish my first buck looked as nice and in full velvet too!!!! It took me over 5 years or more to get my first buck with a bow. Enjoy that feeling.

*twodogs* 09-05-2010 04:39 PM

Congrats, great 1st deer. Nice to see the hunter grinning ear to ear as well.

HNI_Christine 09-05-2010 04:41 PM

Congrats Jenna!!!!

bronko22000 09-05-2010 04:44 PM

Great job - isn't that adrenaline rush awesome. If you're anything like me it will take you a week to come down off the 'high' you are feeling.
ps: I wish my hunting buddies were as cute as you. I just have a couple of old fa_ts to hunt with.
Keep up the good work. Maybe you can intorduce a few of your friends to the sport. Get more females involved. Hunting isn't just for men.

Marylandbowhunter 09-05-2010 05:02 PM

Congrats on one heck of a first buck.

MOhunter46 09-05-2010 05:06 PM

Thats awsome right there, congrats to you! Are you gettin him mounted? I would if it were me.

janesburg 09-05-2010 05:07 PM

BIG Congrats!!!

ManofTheFall 09-05-2010 05:12 PM

Good job on the buck!!!!! And a velvet one at that. I hope to take a velvet one some day.